[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Walkera radio problems

Walkera radio problems

Postby mattminasi » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:10 am

DO you folks have any suggestions on getting the Walkera radio that comes with the hobbyjapan2000 Walkera 22D electric heli to talk with your cool simulator?????

They advertised it like it was a slam dunk on their website. The chopper was cheap for a non-fixed pitch but so far it's a bust.

Any help would be appreciated!!

-Matt
mattminasi

Postby hosepiper » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:48 am

hosepiper

Postby mattminasi » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:02 pm

I checked out the outputs of the serial cable on an oscilloscope and there was no change based on any interaction. So based on that I'd say they are lying through their teeth. Also the fact that the model didn't even have any sort of manual in the box and James @ Hobby2000 pretty much ignored all of my requests for a copy has made me say this dealing with Hong Kong crap just isn't worth my time. I've asked how to return the unit for a refund but he seems to be ignoring my emails.

Do you have the 22A? I tried flying it once and it seemed pretty unstable so instead of breaking it I'm sending ti back for a GWS heli.

How does your fly?
mattminasi

Postby mattminasi » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:03 pm

... FYI I also tried the PPJoy to no avail.
mattminasi

Postby CoolWombat » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:08 pm

Hi all, I got my Walkera 4CH to work. I had to fabricate my own cable as my control/heli didn't come with one. Basically I has to solder three wires to a standard S-Video plug and a DB-9. Fairly straight forward.

If you look at the solder end of the S-Video plug, with the pins arranged at the bottom (like the mouth of a smile face), the top left pin is 1, top right is 2, bottom left is 3 and bottom right is 4. The connections are -

S-Video DB9
1 -------- 7
2 -------- 2
3 - No connection
4 -------- 5

Yes, pin 3 on the S-Video plug is not connected/used.

As for the software, I used PPJoyCOM version 0.83. I basically followed the excellent guide by Dave Goodman to set up the software -

Have fun!
CoolWombat

Postby mrspok » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:40 am

Greetings all,
I have just purchased a cable for my dragonfly 35 and
I have done every thing that has been mentioned here, but I can't get my transmitter to work with the FMS.
Has any one with a Walkera Dragonfly #35 transmitter gotten theirs to work with FMS, and if you did, can you please share the info and perceedure to get ours to work and locations to aquire the nessassary files and drivers, we will all appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance and best regards:)
mrspok

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:16 pm

For the more technical readers, I have tested two Dragonfly radios, and think I know why some radios work with PPJoy, and others not. The output signal on the S-Video plug for tx 1 is only 2.5V, and for tx 2, 3.5V. Tx 1 fails on PPJoy, but Tx 2 works fine.

Furthermore, the signal with the supplied cable is the wrong polarity, and the ground of the radio must be connected to pin 2 (Receive), and the signal to pin 5 (Ground) on the DB9 plug. However, tx 1 still failed to respond on my PC. Failing to get the polarities correct, resulted in the "invalid synch bit".

The IEEE spec for RS232 ports state the following:
Receive threshold: +/- 3V. As the output of tx 1 changes only between 0V and -2.5 V, it is below this threshold, and not detected on the com port.

This can be the reason that some of the radios does not work, as the level is too low for some of the com ports to recognise the mark/space transition.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby mrspok » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:00 am

This is very interesting.
Vendors for the cables don't mention this, but when you get it, you are on your own.
So, is there a work around to get it to work with out damaging any thing??
mrspok

wakera control

Postby shayne » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:49 pm

hi all
hope someone can help i bought a usb dongle and have been using fms with great pleasure, but the for some reason my computer no longer sees my control it can't callibrate fms sees no joystick i have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail
shayne

Return to Joystick-Interface