[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Cockpit SX controller on FMS, can't get it. Going NUTS!!!!!!

Cockpit SX controller on FMS, can't get it. Going NUTS!!!!!!

Cockpit SX controller on FMS, can't get it. Going NUTS!!!!!!

Postby don_her » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi all..

I've been searching this forum for about 2,5-3 hours now.. And still can not find the solution to my problems :(

After having done some flying in el-cheapo helicopters, i've decided to get myself a bigger+better one, that is also capable of flying outdoors when there is little to no wind.

With it, i purchased a Multiplex Cockpit SX transmitter.
After a couple of days studying (what a manual :S:S) i couldn't get the tranmitter to work properly.. I went back to the shop and there it appeared the transmitter was fine, the receiver was broken.. :S They gave me a new receiver, and within 5 seconds the receiver and transmitter were linked.

The shop also put in some helicopter basics for me in the transmitter, and i bought the USB cable to be able to practice some more on my PC with FMS.

However, i've been trying to get the transmitter and the program to cooperate correctly for about 7 hours, and i really am going nuts now. I've tried all the possible combinations people have offered in various topics in this forum, tried to figure them out myself, used the tutorial, but nothing.. I really can't get this to work.

Does anybody has any idea on how to correctly setup the transmitter and FMS??
don_her

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 pm

"Going nuts"and "can't get this to work" aren't really enough information to diagnose a problem.

What EXACTLY have you tried and what EXACTLY happens when you try it. E.g. Is the controller set as the first game controller in the Windows list ? Have you calibrated the setup in Windows Game Controllers AND inside FMS ? Blue bars moving correctly ? Set the control channels to the numbers shown by the blue bars (show the exact setting of all 8 entries) ? What model(s) have you tried to fly ? Etc.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby phildc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:23 pm

I would add:

- "In your transmitter, use a simple plane model, without any mixers, and NOT an HELI model."

- "Be sure to be in PPM, except if you use an additional software like ppjoy or smartpropoplus, that has support for your pcm signal"

Phil.

PS: Considering the very large number of very basic questions that come up the last times, I think a special (sticky) topic would be useful, like "Look at this first".
phildc

Postby don_her » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:01 pm

don_her

Postby don_her » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:02 pm

don_her

Postby don_her » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:29 pm

don_her

Postby phildc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:05 pm

phildc

Return to Joystick-Interface