[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Help needed.

Help needed.

Help needed.

Postby Graiskye » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:55 pm

Now first I apologize if this has been covered before, but after searching through several hundred posts/threads, i give up, and just have to put the problem to the forum users and hope for the best.
I have a 4 ch transmitter that came with a Dynam Vortex heli. I constructed a cable as show at the SmartPropo site,Installed FMS(2.85),the latest version of Smart Propo(3.3 IIRC), then I installed PPJoy.
Then I followed the directions for setting it all up. and got the transmitter to transmit to the PC, all seemed good, until I tried to fly for the first time, and calibrate the transmitter, I have only 3 channels ?
It seems I have Rudder, Throttle, and elevator. Of course using the channel assignments I can mess around and get a plane flying, but what I really want the sim for is helicopters, so three channels will not cut it for that.

Any ideas at all as to why the ailerons(mode 2:side to side on right hand stick) will not work on the transmitter ?
I have tried all sorts of combinations within smartpropo, and the combo I currently have set up is the only way it will work at all(4 axis,no buttons,PPM(generic), no filters) .
Anyone come across a solution to this vexing problem ??
Much appreciate any help whatsoever,
-Grais.
MOD:whether it makes a difference or not Im not sure, but I just tried out the PPM audio 'thermometer thingie' and I get all 4 channels showing up on it, but same story on sim ?
Graiskye

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:38 am

Steve Lewin

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Strange enough I have recently had two similar support calls. In both cases the thermometer detected all channels while SmartPropoPlus detected all-but-one channel.
When I asked to see the signal I was surprised to see this:
This is the mathematical derivative of a 6 channel PPM signal!
Apparently the thermometer algorithm is able to detect it correctly. SmartPropoPlus cannot and I don't think it should.
Now, how can this happen? I will skip the physical explanation and go directly to the conclusions:
1. Bad cable, where either one of the leads is disconnected or one of the leads is erroneously connected.
2. The cable is connected to the wrong computer input. That is, you think you connected the cable to Microphone (for example) but in fact you have connected the cable to the Line-In or to the speaker output.
shaul_eiz

Postby Graiskye » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:11 pm

K thanks for the replies guys. To be clear, yes the PPM audio displays 4 channels, but the FMS only picks up 3 the channel bar for channel 4(IIRC)does not move.
I built the cable myself, and I am sure it is plugged into the mic input, have checked in the audio manager etc.. it is connected to the mic input, as that is all there is, Im on a Laptop.
Is there any harm in trying the other leads from the DIN cable, there are four of them, red, white, blue, green, and two off the mic plug(I connected too), white and no insulation. I connected white to white, and red to no insulation. I tried them the other way around, and it would not work.
The mic plug also happens to be stereo?? I cannot find a mono plug anywhere, so I used a stereo, its the actual plug off my old PC Mic.
What do you think ?
And thanks.
-Grais.
Graiskye

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:39 pm

There are dozens of cables in the SmartPropoPlus cable section. None of them dynam. Which one did you use?
If you have created the cable incorrectly then you have exactly what you describe: 4 channels on the thermometer and 3 channels on SmartPropoPlus. Maybe you should post a snapshot of the wave pattern you get so we can take a look at it.
As for using a stereo jack - this is usually not the problem. Just to be on the safe side you may short the Left and Right audio channels. Your microphone input is probably mono anyhow.
shaul_eiz

Postby Graiskye » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 am

Graiskye

Postby shaul_eiz » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:28 am

shaul_eiz

Postby Graiskye » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Graiskye

Postby phildc » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:57 pm

phildc

Postby Graiskye » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:44 am

Graiskye

Postby phildc » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:36 am

For those who follow the topic:
- aud file received, confirm very strong derivative effect (looking with AUDPpmV.exe)
- the thermometer is not recognizing the signal, at least in the file received.
- previous advices (about connection a.s.o...) go in the good direction

Some other tips given by mail, let us know if you are making progresses.

Phil.

References (thermometer, viewer, diagnostics):

phildc

Return to Joystick-Interface