[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Walkera HM 5G6 2.4 ghz transmitter

Walkera HM 5G6 2.4 ghz transmitter

Walkera HM 5G6 2.4 ghz transmitter

Postby FodderMan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Has anyone had any luck with FMS and the new Walkera 5G6 with 2.4 ghz transmitter? I've made the cable, and I see a waveform in the software oscilloscope, but I can't get SmartPropoPlus to recognize the controls in PPM or PCM, nor does PPM-Audio recognize anything.

I'm new to the hobby, so I don't know what I'm doing, but I am a reasonably proficient PC user / electronics guy. I thought perhaps the new 2.4 transmitter uses a different protocol or something.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

FodderMan
FodderMan

Postby FodderMan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Thought I would post a couple of images of the waveform. The first is a 1 ms image:

The second is a 10ms section:

A 100ms section reveals nothing new - just more of the same. Looks like a PCM stream to me, but the Walkera PCM setting in SmartPropoPlus doesn't seem to work.
FodderMan

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:41 pm

I'd agree had I seen more pulses. This may also be part of a PPM signal. Show us at least 20 pulses.
Assuming this is a PCM signal - I do hope that Walkera did not change their PCM scheme.
shaul_eiz

Postby FodderMan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:41 pm

Here's a 30ms snapshot:

and just for good measure (although you can't tell much...) a 100ms one:

I doubt it's a change for Walkera - I'm sure it's user error! :) I'll be going back through the step-by-step instructions later tonight, but it seems like a pretty straightforward process.
FodderMan

Postby FodderMan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:54 am

Well, it's at least partially user error...I fiddled with the line in volumes a bit and finally got the calibration bars in FMS to at least react. Is there a guideline as to how strong the signal should be in the o'scope software? The default values in SmartPropoPlus were on the low side. Also, the WK-2401 is a 4 channel transmitter, as I'm sure everyone knows, but my values in the calibration tool are fluctuating on channels 1-6. In fact, the channel bars are fluctuating very sporadically and don't appear to correspond to my stick movements at all - they oscillate between min and max even when I'm not touching the controls.

Any thoughts?
FodderMan

Return to Joystick-Interface