[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - USB Conflict

USB Conflict

USB Conflict

Postby m1d4p5 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Hello you all,

Fisrt it all I'm using: Windows XP, SkySport7, Mouse-Keyboard Wireless USB and FMS8.5

I bought a USB adapter at Deal Extreme () and I'm trying to use it.

What I did:
1. Plug it in my USB front port (it's working well, I use it to my digital camera too)
2. Windows XP detected the adapter, and installed the drivers.
3. After installation finishes, I pluged my SkySport on adapter PPM input and opened the FMS.
4. In the FMS, I did: Controls -> Analog Control -> Joystick Interface and click at Mapping/Calibration.
5. When I moved the sticks in my RC the bars didn't move as it supposed to be.
6. I checked the RC ppm and it's ok.
7. So... suddenly... I moved the mouse and the bars moved randomly!!! :shock:

What I think and the main Problem:
As I can't select the USB signal in the FMS configuration the software selects the USB signal that it'll use. As my USB mouse is active, and my adapter too, I don't know why it prefer use my mouse as jostick interface and I have no idea where can I change this.

How can I fix this? Can I select the USB device?

Thanks,
M1D4P5
m1d4p5

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri May 16, 2008 7:07 pm

You need to calibrate the adaptor in Windows/Game Controllers and make sure it's first on the list of controllers. Then try calibrating it in FMS (select in Resources first, then Mapping/Calibration).

BTW what's a Skysport 7 ? I've got a 6 and seen the 4 but never heard of a 7.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby m1d4p5 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:12 pm

Thanks you all,

I found the problem! I tryed with another controller and it works!
So I open the skysport and saw that the ground in the female trainner connector was very damage. So, I fixed it and it worked!

Thanks again for your time,
M1D4P5

PS.:
The SkySport 7 is the same edition of the 6 but with a 3steps switcher in channel 7. But Futaba produced only few of then because it's electronics have a dualrate problem: they forgot to compensate the channels with trim setting when dualrate is on. :P
So, as a luck guy that I'm not, I have the unhappiness to buy one 14 years ago. It looks like this http://image2-5.rcuniverse.com/e1/art/k ... sport6.jpg but with one more switch in the upper right, above the pot. After figured out the problem, Futaba have already released the 6XA so they forget about SkySport 7. It's a museum stuff. :)
m1d4p5

Postby m1d4p5 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:22 pm

m1d4p5

Return to Joystick-Interface