futaba problem - can't get controls to work

Postby saturn » Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:29 pm

Help! I just recieved the newest version2 .0 beta 7. I installed it on my computer. I have windows XP. But I can't calibrate for my Futaba. It does nothing. I moved the sticks in circles, and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. I followed the instructions, but still nothing. Help to a newbie. Thanks ;) I can't get the keyboard controls to work either.
saturn

Postby Boxed » Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:48 pm

Hi, i need some more details before i can give a clear answer to your problem. Like what interface are you using to connect your transmitter to the comp?
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby saturn » Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:09 am

Hi Boxed, I'm using a serial interface, 9 pin. I got my keyboard to work, but still no luck with the transmitter. I've reset the channels to zero, then redid them. Nothing. Question, What are the inv and exp boxes that you put checks in? Anyway, I hit calibrate, moves sticks, nothing. I have it set up for comport 1, nothing. I know that this comp is channel 1, other things work when plugged in it. I've changed the compport, still nothing. I've taken oxon/oxoff off then on, nothing. Any suggestions? perplexed, saturn ;)
saturn

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:57 am

If you have a standard serial interface (not joystick interface as in the forum title) that explains it. This interface does not work with Win XP. You need either a PIC interface or a real joystick (15-pin gameport) interface.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Joystick-Interface