Futaba T7C Fasst + GWS USB cable

Futaba T7C Fasst + GWS USB cable

Postby typer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:25 am

Hi,

I cannot use my Futaba T7C Fasst + GWS USB cable in WIN XP.
I tried beta and latest alpha versions of FMS. Could somebody give me any idea?

Best Regards
typer

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:23 am

Not without some idea of what happens when you try it. "Cannot use" is not really enough information for an accurate diagnosis of the problem.

If it's recognised as new hardware and appears and calibrates correctly in Windows Game Controllers and it's first on the list of controllers and you've selected and calibrated it in FMS and set the channel order up correctly it should be fine.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby typer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 am

You right, of couse, but the issue its standard.

I see in Controls->Joistick Interface->Resources something like:

Joistick 1
Microsoft PC-joystick driver
number of axes: 6
State: Active

If I remove the USB its going to Not Connected. So I believe this its the correct device.

Im not able to calibrate the sticks, also all the six bars are frozen at the middle position.

I tried also from control panel but same issue. I tried from 3 different computers, same issue. Maybe its not compatible or maybe the interface its broken.

The interface model its GWFSM002, and RC its a Futaba T7C FASST.

Thanks.
typer

Postby typer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:37 am

Hi again.

Its working, but dont ask me how I make it.
I tried for many time to plug, unplug USB, power on/off RC and finally the interface joistick was responding from Control Panel.

Many Thanks anyway.
typer

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:24 pm

That used to happen a lot when I worked in computer support....you'd make a few suggestions, caller would say "No they're no good, obviously I've tried all them"....then a few minutes later you'd hear "Don't bother, it seems to have fixed itself" ;).

Good luck - Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby typer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi again,

I manage to find and fix the issue. Bad contact between interface conector and Futaba. I talk with one guy from technical dept from rc store and he told me I can open the futaba in order to fix this contact without losing the warranty(obviously just to clean the pins) . Also he told me sometime its happening...wasnt first time.

Right now the contact its alright and I can use my rc.

Thanks

PS

You are right, but you must to understand us :), not everybody use those devices, and google its for no use. So, the only solution, its to bother you :)
typer

Return to Joystick-Interface