[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - The controller wont work in FMS but seem fine in calibration

The controller wont work in FMS but seem fine in calibration

The controller wont work in FMS but seem fine in calibration

Postby Jimmarn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi, i'm new to this but I read the manual and it said i could use the controller on a simulator on PC. So I followed the links and downloaded FMS and the model for my helicopter.

I have Twister Bell 47.

I connected the controller to my PC and it installed and it seems to work fine. I opened FMS and went to Controls and chose Analog Control and clicked on Joystick, went into calibrate and everything worked there, so i calibrated it and pressed OK. But when I try to use it in the program to fly the Helicopter it doesnt happen anything. But i can still use the Keyboard to fly it. Why won't the controller work? Is there anyone that can be so kind and tell me if I'm doing any wrong or are missing something?

Thank you :)

Edit:
Found out something weird, it seems to work with Plain models but not with helikopters, and it's not quite normal with planes... What is wrong and how do I fix this? Thanks.
Twister Bell 47
Jimmarn

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 pm

You need to fill in the boxes on the LH side of the mapping/calibration screen. Look which blue bar moves for each control movement and fill the number in against the appropriate channel name.

Top 4 are for planes, bottom 4 are for helis. When you get the planes working copy the top settings into the bottom 4 controls.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Jimmarn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Ok Thank you, will have some fun with it now :)
Twister Bell 47
Jimmarn

Postby Robert134 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 pm

What are the boxes marked Inv and Exp on the LH side of the mapping/calibration screen?
Robert134

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:12 am

Inv = Invert - tick it if the controls are moving the wrong way e.g. left when it should be right etc.

Exp = Exponential - used to make the control a bit less twitchy around the centre of travel. Try it to see if you can feel any difference.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Robert134 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 am

Thanks Steve
Robert134

Postby Delta007bhd » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Hi, I have the same aircraft and I am using the R/C in mode 2. Both sticks work fine but I cannot operate the yaw axis with the left stick. When I click joystick interface - sources, I can see the blue bars move under joystick 2 (even the yaw control seems to work here!). But when I click joystick interface - mapping/calibration, the blue bar does NOT move when I move the left stick left/right. I cannot assign a channel number to yaw.

I am using the latest FMS for windows xp and a twister R/C.

Please help, I am so close to a solution and I want to flyyyyyyyyyy!

Thanks in advance
Delta007bhd

Postby Delta007bhd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:05 am

Found the solution myself after braking my head on irrelevant things. I've done a lot of things that I don't even remember but I think this is what did it for me:
Unplugged USB cable, waited a few sec, plugged usb in again while R/C was turned ON and FMS running in background. Went to control panel in xp, then game controllers and calibrated my R/C checking that all inputs work. In FMS went to controllers - analog joystick calibration and calibrated joystick. Then set mapping channels to 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3 and check invert for aileron/roll only. Now all 4 channels work!
Sometimes you simply need to plug out the cord and reconnect it to make it work!
This procedure was for Twister Bell 47 R/C and windows XP with latest FMS version
Delta007bhd

Postby pnaeroneer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:16 pm

I bought a USB Adapter Cable through EBay. It is a 'Dynam' brand and came from Hongkong. It was advertised as suitable for JR, Futaba and Esky. When plugged into my JR X-388S it calibrated OK on elevator, rudder and aileron, but there was no response to throttle (channel 1). The FMS planes would fly under perfect control, but only at full throttle. I complained to the supplier and he immediately posted another, which was exactly the same - no throttle response. I then tried it with a borrowed Futaba radio, and it was OK on all channels.

I installed FMS on a laptop running Vista Ultimate, then did the same on another running XP. Same result - no throttle.

Any suggestions anyone?

AN UPDATE>>>>
Some models of Futaba won't operate on channel 1 (aileron on Futaba). Same problem with a Spektrum DX7.
A better solution is to buy the Dynan simulator, the complete unit. It works fine, convertible to mode 1 or mode 2, and doesn't need batteries - it gets its power via the USB port.
pnaeroneer

Return to Joystick-Interface