[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can I connect the controller to the battery charger?

Can I connect the controller to the battery charger?

Can I connect the controller to the battery charger?

Postby tombaz » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:47 am

Hello,
I got an E-Sky Lama V4 chopper about a week ago and I've been practicing with the simulator ever since. The problem is that the controller's batteries run out.
I noticed the controller (a 0404) has a charger entrance in its right side which the battery charger that came with the chopper fits perfectly. I was wondering if i can use it to power up the controller without any batteries in it. I think it should work since the controller has 8 AA batteries and the charger's output is 12V, but I thought I better make sure before frying my controller.

Another thing that have nothing to do with the charger. I saw in a post here that somebody mentioned the controller's antenna has to be out while using the simulator...Why should that be? after all the controller is "broadcasting" to the PC via usb cable...

Thanks
Tombaz
tombaz

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:18 pm

Not certain about yours, but most transmitters are switched off when the charger plug is in....and anyway it relies on the battery being in there to regulate the voltage.

BTW the transmitter is trying to broadcast RF normally (unless you remove the crystal which also gives you much longer battery life). With the antenna down the output stage gets hot and can burn out.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby tombaz » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:26 pm

So you're saying I should either raise the antenna or remove the crystal when using it for the simulator...how do I remove the crystal?

Thanks
Tombaz
tombaz

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:53 pm

Take it out of the socket (location clearly shown in the Lama manual).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby tombaz » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:36 pm

I tried that before but it wouldn't budge so i decided not to use too much force but after u said that it's supposed to be detachable i tried again and took it out.
So I just want to make sure - if i use the controller without the crystal i can leave the antenna retracted while using the simulator without damaging anything, right?
Tombaz
tombaz

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Yes.
Steve Lewin

Postby tombaz » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:30 am

Tombaz
tombaz

Return to Joystick-Interface