[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Mapping and Calibration setup.

Mapping and Calibration setup.

Mapping and Calibration setup.

Postby tbnh41 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:53 pm

:oops:
wow just finally got the cable setup and configured for my futaba skysport 4ch R/C transmitter to work. I had the wrong config, so everything was messed up for the r/c and the FMS it was like the pilot was drunk??? :lol: anyways. It works now , now comes the learning flight?? I'm new to flying R/C's but NOT Flight Simulators i have the yokes the peddals with toe brakes and sepperate throttle Quad, I would say i am a intermedate flyer for PC Simulators.
I built a Cub plane/gas and its a trainer version, it has a 64" wing span. its a good size ,oh and its hand made from a wooden kit. because of my inexperance i wanted to build a kit to better understand the plane. Its just my logic. i'm learning on my own now :shock: . when i first built the plane it was about 8yrs ago there was a retiered man that flew it and said i did a awesome job builing it. Since then he passed away. i live in central NewHampshire and theres no R/C clubs or people that get together and fly r/c's That i know of! :cry: .
I have a E-Flight 6ch CCPM R/C transmitter for my Blade CP helicoptor. I have a Futaba SkySport 4ch for the plane. I can get the Futaba to work fine with FMS but the E-Flight CCPM r/c transmitter does not work with the same settings/config for the Futaba transmitter?? Its like the controls have a mind of there own/like the pilots drunk again:P .
:idea: Can i use the Futaba 4ch to learn the R/C controls to fly the helicopter instead of the E-Flight 6ch? it seams to fly right, i mean the controls are all correct. after some flight time with the FMS and i learn to fly better when i'm not crashing the helicopter will the controls for the r/c E-Flight 6ch transmitter be the same out in the real world?
what i can tell is if i keep the normal/reverse switches the same on the r/c transmitters i should be good to go right? :?: I'm also taking any advice on flying r/c helicopter's & planes.ANY :D
Thank you for your time and advice
Can Do.
tbnh41

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:54 am

Too much information.......;)

But I think there was a question about transmitters in there......you can use the Futaba with the simulator and get a reasonable idea of how to fly both planes and helis. That transmitter should also work with a real plane.

You will fly the real heli with the EFlite transmitter but that transmitter with CCPM mixing built in will not work in the sim. The mixing sends signals out on several channels when you move one stick....the real heli relies on that but it confuses the heck out of the poor old simulator (and would confuse a real plane) ;). Stick to the Futaba Skysport for sim and plane.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:56 am

I think the mixing problem was solved - http://www.heliguy.com/Forum/esky-6-ch- ... 10305.html
shaul_eiz

LoL update

Postby tbnh41 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Too much information.......

LoL, I guess it was better than not enough? :D
So i have this right, because of the CCPM mixer on my 6ch r/c transmitter, this is what causes havoc with the sim.
Is this right? and this is why i'm having a hard time with that CCPM 6ch transmitter and not the Futaba 4ch transmitter.

Stick to the Futaba Skysport for sim and plane.
Steve

1 last question for now, your advice above. is this the same for helicopters.
just want to be clear and thanks for your time and advice.

tim
Can Do.
tbnh41

CCPM mixer and FMS

Postby tbnh41 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:24 pm

I think the mixing problem was solved - http://www.heliguy.com/Forum/esky-6-ch- ... 10305.html

:D shaul_eiz, a big thank you from across the big pond.
i tried it on the E-Flight 6ch CCPM transmitter and it now works fine like the Futaba transmitter with FMS.
:D again thank you shaul_eiz :D
tim
Can Do.
tbnh41

Return to Joystick-Interface