ESKY 0905A Controller and the Software

ESKY 0905A Controller and the Software

Postby dragon7 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Hello everyone

My first post.

I bought the ESKY-0905A package from Heliguy. I must say excellent service. Unfortunately the accompanying E-Sky software did not work, it could not be read, so I downloaded FMS from the net. I works OK, but the controller does not.

In the Calibration section there is no reaction between the control levers and the programme, although in 'Control Panel,' the controllers do move the necessary icons.

I am using WinXP Pro with SP2 installed.

Anyone any ideas please?

regards

dragon7 :cry: :cry:
dragon7

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:28 am

Is the controller first in the Control Panel games controller list ?

Are you trying to calibrate as a "Joystick Interface" ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby dragon7 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:34 pm

Thank you Steve for a prompt reply.

Yes, the controller is first in Control Panel Games list. In fact I did have the Saitex X52 in there as well, but I have removed the whole of that installation!

And yes, I am trying to calibrate 'Joystick Interface.'

I can think of no reason why the CD which came with the controller refuses to work. All that happens is the dreaded 'Sorry have to close down etc.'

regards

dragon7
dragon7

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Do you see any activity when you click on "Ressources" (sic) instead of Mapping/Calibration ?

I've never seen a controller which calibrates correctly in Games Controllers but shows no activity at all in FMS.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby dragon7 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:41 am

Steve, I am now in a complete horlicks stage. I took the FMS CD, and controller to my wife's computer. She too has WinXP Pro and SP2, as I have; FMS came up perfectly and I was able to fiddle around with the setting up of the Esky 0905A controller. So there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the programme.

Unfortunately it will not load on my machine. As I said, the controller 'hackles' in the 'Control Panel' settings but does not appear at all in the original FMS programme, which does not even load. I have to used the 'fmsdisk01' download from the website. Although that does load, the 0905A shows nothing, and the only way to control any aircraft is with the 'keyboard,' not only Mickey Mouse, but almost impossible to use.

All this pain is probably caused by the way my computer is set up. I have 3 HDs in my computer plus 2 externals, in other words 13 HDs, 2 DVD-RWs and a card-reader, so it is probably a miracle that anything works at all!

I am thinking of putting WinXP Pro onto a seperate external HD and trying that.

regards

dragon7 :roll: :roll:
dragon7

Postby dragon7 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:20 am

Steve, this is a PS to the above reply. I forgot to say that I also have the old EasyFly system on my computer and the 0905A works perfectly with it?

dragon7
dragon7

Postby dragon7 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Steve,

Praizzuz-be-to-Jaizuz, It all works fine now !

1. I went into Control Panel \ Advanced and selected ADC.

2. Fired up the FMS programme. selected Controls\Analog\Joystck Interface

3. Selected 'Resouces' to check the connection was OK, and the 'Sticks' were moving the graphic Icons.

4. Went into 'Mapping & Calibration' and set up the 'Stick setting numbers,' then onto 'Calibration.' At the end of the 'Calibration' phase I did not select 'Finish,' but went immediately to OK. I found that if 'Finish' were selected it simply locked up everything and nothing would work.

I now have a fully functional system and am delighted.

May I thank you for your imput and help

take care

dragon7 :lol: :lol:
dragon7

Return to Joystick-Interface