[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Help please!

Help please!

Help please!

Postby jollyroger » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:29 pm

I have the FMS downloaded and cannot get the E-Sky controller to operate the sims. The radio is functioning and callibration confirms it is working, but the when I attempt to run the sim, it does not respond to radio inputs.
What if any did I miss? :?
jollyroger
jollyroger

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 am

If you have calibrated it IN FMS and the blue bars move as expected then the only thing left is that you have not set up the channel numbers in the boxes on the LH side of that FMS mapping/calibration screen. Top 4 boxes are for planes, bottom 4 are for helis.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby lhp_1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:59 am

This is what works with me:
thr 3
tail 4
nick 2
roll 1
pitch 3
let me know
lhp_1

Postby jollyroger » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah, I've done all that. The model initializes and then either crashes immediately or shuttles down the runway, crashes, ROG etc etc.
No joystick control whatsoever. :x :(
jollyroger
jollyroger

Postby phildc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:48 pm

If this can help..

(again, and again...)

After succesfull calibration...

I always suggest to do the following test with a simple aircraft (Bf109 e.g.), in order to check the channels assignment and possible inversion (then use INV box):

Give some thrust (throttle) with the lever that does not come back to the centre by means of a spring (in case of a transmitter-like device). The aircraft should move on the ground. Normal idle is with the stick close to you.

With reduced throttle, use the rudder (*) to taxi on the ground (left movement drives to the left).

Pull the elevator when advancing at a good speed, the aircraft should take off.

When in the air, the ailerons stick will control a roll (to the left if pushed to the left).

With an helicopter, it is almost impossible to check the correctness of assignments.

Remember to copy the 4 channel numbers on the top (which are for planes) to the 4 numbers on the bottom (for heli's), just in the same sequence.

Checking the EXP box for a channel gives less sensitivity near the centre (neutral), making an horizontal straight flight easier.

(*) If you know the MODE of your transmitter (stick to function assignment), refer to it to be in a correct setting.

Phil.
phildc

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:48 pm

Steve Lewin

Postby insalinity » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:54 am

I have also experienced exactly the same issue today when installing the latest version of FMS onto VISTA.

Here is a strange thing I noticed however:- My channel assignments are in order: 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3 (I'm flying an EGO Cessna 182), but when I calibrate only bars 5 through to 8 move!

When I then complete the calibration procedure, The aircraft does not respond to any inputs from the transmitter.

Very strange indeed.....
insalinity

Postby insalinity » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 am

Jollyroger,

I have found and solved the issue as far as my system is concerned. This is what it was:

I also had a Microsoft Rumblepad game controller installed on my machine. It was selected as the default controller for older programs. I changed this default to my transmitter, and I also calibrated the transmitter in windows first, before going back into FMS and repeating the calibration procedure.

Steps:

1) Go to Control Panel, then Hardware, then Game Controllers
2) Select your transmitter, and click advanced.
3) Select your transmitter as the preferred device and click ok.
4) double click on your transmitter
5) select the settings tab and then the calibrate button.
6) complete this calibration procedure. There will be a few points that you cannot complete (like pressing a button) ignore these and click next to skip them.
7) Click OK and then OK again to close the dialogue boxes.
8) start FMS, and go through the cal process again.

You should find that it is now responsive.

Good Luck!!!!
insalinity

Postby zot64 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:33 pm

zot64

Return to Joystick-Interface