[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - How about an Interphase that just works?! - SIMPLE  INTERFASE

How about an Interphase that just works?! - SIMPLE  INTERFASE

How about an Interphase that just works?! - SIMPLE  INTERFASE

1. what
No votes
2. the
No votes
3. bloody
No votes
4. FUCK
No votes
5. IS
No votes
6. A
No votes
7. POLL?
No votes

Total votes : 0

Postby bravehartj4u » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:17 am

This is a revolutionary idea. Many others have come up with it. It's called, throw the CD in, double click SETUP and bingo, your radio controls your airplane in whatever RC sim you select from the menu. But no, we're still in the dark ages of clicking on strange downloads that say 'INSTALL USB DRIVERS' while nothing happens, getting 'hardware detected but has a problem', 'device is working properly cause ...well windows did not find a better driver even though you SPECIFIED where to look, yet interfase not detected seems to burn perminent imprints into the cathoray tubes of our eyes.' Maybe it's time to hire a company to do this. At any rate, i'm hosting an ongoing wager....anyone who can direct me to a download that simply runs the setup and makes my radio fly my plane, in Fms, RCsim, whatever, I'll send them $10 via paypal. Good luck--->you'll need it. The week i spent on this shit is over. whew. I give up. -bravehartj4u@verizon.net
bravehartj4u

Postby aeropal » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:40 pm

Last edited by aeropal on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aeropal

Postby Eric Brouwer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:40 am

Well, there is a solution. In fact, it's so simple, that it was VERY VERY hard for me to understand why you were unable to come up with the solution yourself. Going through your post several times, trying to gather all the intellectual facts and problem statements between the line, it struck me like a ball of lightning....

R/C sims must become like the new proposed automobile trade.... I have already submitted emails to all the car manufacturers in the world, and as I have set the mail priority to "HIGH", used capital letters, and made the font color red, I am sure they will all aggree to change all the car locks so that every new car as from now, will use the same key.

This way, you can buy a cheap little car, no air conditioning, and doors and a engine will come as a option. For sure, you will not go for this option, as it will cost more. In fact, seeing that it's key will fit all other cars around, you will use your key to drive your best friend's Ferrari. Do not worry, the same email was also send to all police station department heads, so it will be legal.

While daydreaming about this revolutionary new idea of mine (oops, sorry, I think it was yours), seeing myself with only the best cars, I suddenly passed some gas, falling right of my chair, and woke up to the real world....

Bottom line... You get what you pay for. If you buy a noname brand combo super deluxe special zoom zoom heli kit, and want to get it running on FMS, good luck. It might work.

You can always go for the better option. That is to buy a branded name transmitter. When used with a Serial PIC or joystick interface, you will not require ANY drivers, and between the two, they will work 100% on all Windows versions from Win95 up to WinXP.

As Win95 and WinNT does not have USB support, I will immediately request Microsoft to withdraw this product, and replace it with a USB compattible version, all of cource free of charge. This will solve the interface problems. I am just not sure if I will be able to bring back the original IEEE standard serial ports on all PC's and notebooks. But I will try my best.

Spend some money, and buy a FMS Serial PIC, Joystick, or USB Joystick interface. I have great products, but I suppose you will not be willing to purchase one, as it is going to cost you money. There are also the LEGAL simulators, that comes with their own interfaces, and works 100%, that is if you feel FMS is below your beginning standards.

SOLUTION:
After carefull deliberation, planning, investigating, and some research into the matter, I have to admit.

I AM AN IDIOT ! ! !

Why?

Well, sorry, I see at the end of your post, you were actually able to solve your own problem all by yourself, without the help of anyone else.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Return to Joystick-Interface