R/C yaw control in FMS does not work on my left stick

R/C yaw control in FMS does not work on my left stick

Postby Delta007bhd » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:06 am

Hi all,
I bought a Twister Bell Medevac heli and I would like to train on my pc with the remote control.

The FMS sim works fine for pitch,roll and power but I can't seem to figure out how to program the yaw axis or rudder. In the joystick interfaces menu I click "sources" and when I move all 4 axes of my R/C, all 4 sliders on joystick 2 move which is ok but when I go to calibration menu all axes work except the yaw axis(left stick left/right). When I move the left stick on the R/C left/right, there is no slider in the menu that moves so I cannot see which axis to assign. I tried to set "tail" to channel 6 which is roll left/right with the right stick and this works for yaw control but I want this to function on the left stick as it should and keep the right stick for pitch and roll.
Please help!
Thanks in advance
Delta007bhd

Postby Delta007bhd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:06 am

Found the solution myself after braking my head on irrelevant things. I've done a lot of things that I don't even remember but I think this is what did it for me:
Unplugged USB cable, waited a few sec, plugged usb in again while R/C was turned ON and FMS running in background. Went to control panel in xp, then game controllers and calibrated my R/C checking that all inputs work. In FMS went to controllers - analog joystick calibration and calibrated joystick. Then set mapping channels to 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3 and check invert for aileron/roll only. Now all 4 channels work!
Sometimes you simply need to plug out the cord and reconnect it to make it work!
This procedure was for Twister Bell 47 R/C and windows XP with latest FMS version
Delta007bhd

Return to Joystick-Interface