[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - help with dynam 6ch simulator

help with dynam 6ch simulator

help with dynam 6ch simulator

Postby shugo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Hello this is my first post and hope you good people can help me .
i have a dynam 6ch usb simulator could some one please tell me there settings for it many thanks Hugh
shugo

Re: help with dynam 6ch simulator

Postby dmurias » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:18 pm

I have a 6CH Dynam and works very well on my Windows XP, and I assume also must do in Windows Vista.
The first thing is to calibrate the joystick in Control/Panel/Game Devices.
Second in FMS/Control/Joystick:
Assign channels (top-down) 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3
Channels 2 (both) select 'Inv'
All Channels select 'Exp'
Click Calibrate.

In Windows Vista you must load d3drm.dll as indicated in http://www.rctoys.com/pdf/FMS-Flight-Si ... ctions.pdf
Good Luck
dmurias

Postby luckyshot_69 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:37 pm

I also need help with this Dynam 6ch simulator. I'm using windows XP (32-bit) P4 at 2.8 Ghz/ with 2 Gb RAM x 160Gb ROM, installed the 8.5 version of FMS and can use my keyboard to control aircraft within FMS. However the Dynam simulator (USB cable) does not get recognized by the FMS > CONTROL > ANALOG > JOYSTICK > CALIBRATE even after I successfully pre-calibrate the simulator within XP's own > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > GAME CONTROLLER > PPM CONTROLLER > CALIBRATE and followed the CALIBRATION WIZARD....successfully calibrated !!
I tried using the settings conferred by "dmurias" to no avail. I get nothing. I also downloaded SMARTPROPOPLUS with all it's tools, but it seems that it's designed to monitor auditory signals and not USB SIGNAL INPUTS, so that's also a bust.
I don't know if this is helpful but my graphics card is a bit weak in today's market. It's an ATi RADEON 7000, with 64 meg (DDR) on-board AGP 2X - 4X SVGA, and I'm unsure if it has a 3D accelerator even though when I try to get specs on it the 'hype' says it's a powerful graphics interface card with superior 3D animation capabilities, what ever that means....
After uploading SMARTPROPOPLUS, and configuring it to "line-in" using a cable I started to put together but never finished assembling it (after winning the auction for this other USB simulator). Well, it's still running in the background, and still looks to "line-in" for a signal. Could it be that it is interfering (using a port guardian) with the USB signal ? that's my next step, disable software and try the controller again.
PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING, THANK YOU, Chuck.
luckyshot_69

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 am

You don't need to post the same thing all over the forums and send private messages....that just annoys people and means you have to look in several places for any answers.

SmartPropoPlus should not interfere with the USB interface but you might as well unload it if you're not going to use.

Is your USB interface the first controller in the Windows list ? That's the one FMS tries to use. Other than that I've never seen an interface which calibrates in Windows but not in FMS.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby pnaeroneer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:03 am

I don't know whether you've sorted your problem with FMS/Dynam 6ch simulator, but in case you haven't, I have the same Dynam 6ch and it works fine on both a Vista and XP laptops.
Have you tried a different install program? I use fmsdisk01.exe. I have installed it in a great number of PCs for other Model Club members and it works every time. You need to uninstall FMS first if you propose to reinstall.
Merv
pnaeroneer

FAQs

Postby hifinsword » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm new to RC Models and posting on forums. So this may sound rather stupid but here goes anyway. I don't understand why the settings for the most common controllers aren't the FIRST listing in the FAQs. Getting the FMS and enabling the Vista missing dll are all well-documented but after that, this website seems to be about it. And you have to search the forum to get the answers to get the controllers working. Why not have it listed as most common controller settings. I also didn't realize for about an hour that the Control Panel in Windows has to be set too. Put that in the FAQs too! Don't make newbies work so hard to figure this out.
hifinsword

Return to Joystick-Interface