Xbox controller help

Xbox controller help

Postby squab27 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:18 am

Hi guys, I have just downloaded the FMS 2.0 Beta 7 program. I am using the XBCD Drivers for my Xbox controller (first xbox, Not 360). In my windows settings I have no issues with my controler but within the FMS program it does not register the up and down movement of my right thumb-stick. Now the movement shows up in the windows game pad settings but not in the program.

The closest I have came to an awnser was a thread made about the user having the same issue but it was resolved when using beta 7, which I am using.

Any info can help, Feel free to PM or Send me a message on AIM at Squab027

Thanks in advanced,
Josh
squab27

Re: Xbox controller help

Postby ggunners » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:41 pm

If you have more than one controller identified on your computer, the one you want to use with FMS must be named the primary controller for the computer. You do this within Windows Control Panel.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby squab27 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:16 pm

I do not have more than one controller plugged in.
squab27

Postby ggunners » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:39 am

It only matters if you have more than one controller identified within Windows. If you ever had more than one controller, Windows will remember all of them. Whatever is identified as the primary controller will be selected by FMS. If this is the only controller, then it should work. I notice you say it is called a gamepad and not a joystick. Maybe that is the issue. Within FMS 2.8 under <Controls> <Analog Control> you will find a button called [Ressources]. It should show joystick 1 and joystick 2. See which bars move when you move your controller. If joystick 2 moves, you need to assign the controller as joystick 1. If nothing moves, there is a different problem. You can pickup a dual-joystick at Walmart or other places for $9, or a very realistic USB transmitter like controller for about $20. I have no experience with the Xbox controller.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface