Art-Tech Joystick, Remote

Art-Tech Joystick, Remote

Postby SteveFMS » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Hallo,
I bought an Art.Tech Jet, SU-27, with an FMS CD.
I can connect the Sender via USB to the PC.
When I calibrated the Sender the planes react contra and different as they should.
How can I change, so that I can fly with the FMS like it should.
Who had the same problems or experiances with the Art.Tech SU-27?
Thanks for the answers.
Steve.
SteveFMS

Re: Art-Tech Joystick, Remote

Postby KEW » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:57 pm

When you are in the FMS Controller calibration screen, make sure that you have assigned the correct channel numbers to the Rudder, Elevator, Aileron and Throttle. You can do this by moving the sticks for each function in turn, and entering the number of the channel that moved into the appropriate channel box. When you have done this, you can test the direction of each channel by flying a model. If any channel is reversed, check the "Inv" box for that function in the Calibrator.

Once you have the correct channels assigned with the correct directions, you may find that checking the "Exp" box for Elevator, Aileron and Rudder will make the models easier to control. Don't check it for Throttle because it will compress the action of the throttle at each end of the throw, making it difficult to adjust on low throttle settings during landing. If your controller has dual rates on Elevator and Ailerons, you may find that switching to low-rate makes the more lively planes a little more manageable.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
KEW
KEW

Re: Art-Tech Joystick, Remote

Postby SteveFMS » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:24 am

Hallo,
thanks for your answer. I will change next time and let you know.
Happy landings, Steve.
SteveFMS

Return to Joystick-Interface