Transmitter wont work!!!!!!!!!!!

Transmitter wont work!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby VTOlrc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:45 am

Hey, I just got the FMS sim a little while back and when I install the sim on it the sim works great after
copying the d3rm.ill file but every time I go into the calibration toolber it dosn't respond at all
I checked the ressources thing and it says that there isn't a second interface and the blue bars don't move.
does anyone know how to fix this?
VTOlrc

Re: Transmitter wont work!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:02 am

No, not without knowing what transmitter you're trying to connect and what interface you're using.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby VTOlrc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 am

it is only the tx that came with the flight sim (not a real tx obviously).
it is a "6 channel" tx with a usb port out the top where the antenna should be.
it is manufactured by blitz rc works too. That help any?
VTOlrc

Postby KEW » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:10 am

I have never used a USB controller but I understand that you need to set up your controller in Windows first. Go to the Control Panel, Game Controllers and make sure that your transmitter is set up and calibrated there, then it should appear in the FMS Controller panel. You can then assign each function to a control and calibrate it.

Good luck.

KEW
KEW

Postby VTOlrc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:10 am

Well my computor picks up the tx fine it's the sim that doesn't.
It's like it is missing a file for it to operate right or something.
I don't have a clue.
VTOlrc

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:46 am

Make sure it's first in the Windows list of Games Controllers. That's the one FMS prefers.

When you try to calibrate it in FMS using Controls/Analog Control/Joystick Interface what do you see both in the mapping/calibration screen and in "ressources" ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby johnt42 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi,

I had my E sky package arrive yesterday (the USB transmitter), and spent about an hour trying to get the controller to work!

I'm on VIsta, and one in FMS, the software would only show me my joystick and rudder controllers. I unplugged both of those, but still FMS would not see the controller. I jumped into the Game controller settings, and the USB transmitter was showing ok, so I clicked the advanced button and had a drop down which asked what 'Preferred Device' I wanted to use with 'older programs'. Obviously I only had one choice, but I clicked the OK button and went back to FMS. Used the calibration option and this time it was seeing the controller, yay. Spent the next hour crashing a parkzone mustang...

Just thought I would add my two pennies worth, since we were both having the same issue!
johnt42

Postby VTOlrc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:55 am

OK well I went into the advanced settings and tried the one option but the name is weird what was yours called?

Also Steve my mapping and calibration bars don't move at all, NONE OF THEM!!!!!!!
VTOlrc

Postby VTOlrc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:22 am

Okay now it FINALLY looks like the tx is working but now it seems like the land won't work with smooth textures. :evil: Has anyone had this problem?
VTOlrc

Postby ggunners » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:03 am

Yes, I have had the smooth textures issue. But only on a very old computer with a built-in graphics card.

The newer graphics cards that cost about $50 will certainly make all 3D software work better, including FMS.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby VTOlrc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:28 am

Does that just plug into the computor then? Also the smooth textures works with those in correct?
VTOlrc

Postby ggunners » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:47 pm

You need a graphics card with the right bus for your computer. If you don't know, get some help from a PC expert.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby VTOlrc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:28 pm

O.K. thanks I will look into that and thanks to everyone else who has been helping me too :mrgreen:
VTOlrc

Return to Joystick-Interface