hitec laser 6

hitec laser 6

Postby Cossyman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:42 pm

I have problem with connecting the radio to the computer.
I have Hitec laser 6 with the following com cabel.
but i don't know how to get it work on fms and aerofly?
nothing happen when i connect the radio.

can someone help me? :)
Last edited by Cossyman on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cossyman

Re: hitec laser 6

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:08 pm

What "following com kabel" is that ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Cossyman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 pm

I don't know the name of it.
But it's this :)

Cossyman

Postby KEW » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi,

This looks like a com port adapter. I have not been able to get FMS2 8.3 - 8.5 to work with either a com port or lpt port controller input. They did work when I first tried FMS, many years ago but that was the earlier version. I guess that whoever sold it to you thought you would be using it with a different simulator (or they unwittingly sold you some very old stock).

Don't panic. There is a simple solution. All you have to do is replace the long cable with a 1/8" jack on one end and com port connector on the other with one that has a 1/8* jack on each end. You can either modify the existing one by cutting off the com connector and replacing it with a mono 1/8" jack, or you can buy a mono cable ready made from most computer stores.

Connect the cable to your transmitter using the adapter they provided if necessary. Plug the other end into the Microphone input on your computer sound card.

Then you need to download a small program called Smartproplus which acts as a driver between your sound card and FMS. You can find the download and all of the setup information at the following link:

http://www.smartproplus.com/

I have been using this setup with a home-made cable and a JR transmitter for some time now and I am very happy with the results. I did find that removing the crystal from my transmitter got rid of a bit of jitter in the controls.

I hope this helps to get you airborne. I am sure that the sooner you are crashing planes, the happier you will be.

Regards,

KEW
KEW

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 am

If that is the original type of serial port adaptor then if it will work depends on what operating system you have on your PC. FMS still works fine with those cables but after about Windows 98 Microsoft changed the operating system to stop them from working. So Win 2000, XP or anything later it won't work.

That type of adaptor has never worked with Aerofly.

If you get a USB adaptor you'll have a better chance.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Joystick-Interface