Help with the regulations of Futaba FF7super TX.

Help with the regulations of Futaba FF7super TX.

Postby pavloselef » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi.
I have downloaded FMS simulator and I want to use it with my Futaba FF7super TX.
However I can’t managed to make it work.
Is anybody who can help me with the regulations.
Please step by step because is the first time I use Joysticks and their regulations.
Thank you in advance and for the software you give to us.
pavloselef

Re: Help with the regulations of Futaba FF7super TX.

Postby pavloselef » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:52 pm

I have the module of the TX unpluged and the batteries inside with the TX on but nothing hapens.
Nothing hapens on the games controller of the XP Windows I use and nothing hapens on the controllers of FMS simulator.
Any help?
pavloselef

Postby pavloselef » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:34 pm

More Info.
My TX is recognised as new hardware and appears in Windows Game Controllers like PPMI and situation OK, but I cannnot calibrate it ( nothing happens
when I move the sticks ) and I cannnot calibrate it also in FFS ( nothing happens
when I move the sticks ) .
pavloselef

Postby pavloselef » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Sorry. More Info I havent said.
I connect the TX with USB Simulator ( FLY SKY model No FS-SM100 )the instruction say that support FMS Software and Support USB HID 1.1 and that the input signal is 4-8CH PPM.
pavloselef

Postby KEW » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Pavloselef,

I checked the specifications of the Futaba FF7 Super TX and possibly found your problem.
The signal from this transmitter can be either pulse code modulated (PCM) with a seven bit code for each channel (this is the default mode) or it can be changed to pulse position modulation (PPM).

The FMS USB interface software only works with pulse position modulation (PPM).
Check yours and change it over to PPM. This may solve your problem. If you don't know how to change it, download the manual from:

http://warhammer.mcc.virginia.edu/ty/he ... manual.pdf

The information you need is at the bottom of page 24.

I hope that this solves your problem. Good flying.

KEW
KEW

Postby pavloselef » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Thank you for the reply but I have already used the TX with PPM mode. Nothing happens.
However searcing on Internet I found one person who said for his Futaba FF7 that he made a regulation for SLAVE mode.
I have the manual but I dont remember such regulation so I dont know if there is something on the TX that is no good.
The certain thing is that the USB simulator is recognised from the Windows Game Controllers.
I dont know if there is a further problem with the FMS simulator, but for the moment it seems that there is no trasmission of data from the TX at the USB.
I would like to say that speaking of FF7 super I mean the old TX with the round jack. ( FUTABA FieldForce 7super PCM1024 model of I dont know, 12 years ago).
pavloselef

Postby pavloselef » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:19 am

I solved the problem.
Even if the male jack was inside the female jack owing to the rear cover of the TX there wasn't any electrical contact between the Jacks.
The easy solution was to cut ( with the use of a dremel and a small disk ) a ring 2mm thick from the plastic part of the male jack so as to make the metal part bigger in length.
pavloselef

Return to Joystick-Interface