[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - e sky simulator joystick with Windows 7

e sky simulator joystick with Windows 7

e sky simulator joystick with Windows 7

Postby bosachok » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 am

I have the Esky simulator and I downloaded the V2 beta 7, needed a ddl d3drm, and looks to be working until the joystick. I was able to assign/calibrate; saw the bars moving up/down for the Esky controller. Problem is that the model only makes use of the keyboard, not the joystick. I think i need another dll or something? Any suggestions?

Bo
bosachok

Re: e sky simulator joystick with Windows 7

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:12 am

If the blue bars in the FMS calibration screen are moving up and down correctly then it's working, The only thing left to do is set the correct channel numbers against the controls on the LH side of that same screen.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby bosachok » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Steve,

Thanks for answering.
I guess my question should be - How does one switch from keyboard to joystick?

Bo
bosachok

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 pm

If you've calibrated it in FMS just start using it. FMS takes data from any available means of input. Joystick and Keyboard can work together.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby bosachok » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Steve, Sorry the joystick option is just not working. I see the bars move under calibration, I have even switched the rudder and throttle, but the airplane model only follows the keyboard commands. There must be a way to make this work, I'm so close?
bosachok

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Can't help sorry. I've been using FMS for years with all sorts of different interfaces but I've never seen a system which has gone correctly all the way through calibration past the "Finish" button in the FMS mapping/calibration screen and still had no response at all from the models.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby ggunners » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:58 pm

FMS 2.7 will only fly FMS 2.7 airplanes. It sounds to me like you are trying to fly an FMS 2.8 airplane with FMS 2.7.

FMS 2 alpha 8.5 is the latest version and more difficult to get working under the more modern Operating Systems, but FMS 2.8 will fly both FMS 2.7 and FMS 2.8 models.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby k2ds » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:35 pm

I’m having a similar problem. I finally got 8.5 to run under Vista and I go through the calibration, all the bars move up and down just backward.
By than I mean “Full Throttle” is where “Idle” should be Left Rudder & Righter are backward as well.
I can’t figure out how to reverse them. Also what are the checkbox’s that are next to the channel numbers?
I can’t find any explanation in the manual for any of these settings. I’m a newbee. Please Help!!
k2ds

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:44 pm

TreeHugger

Return to Joystick-Interface