Transmitter calibrated but no response in Vista

Transmitter calibrated but no response in Vista

Postby calla » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi,

I am running FMS Version 2, Beta 7 on Vista. My pc has 2 COM ports and picks up the transmitter without a problem. I connected via USB cable and the transmitter was loaded with batteries. I calibrated the "joystick" (as the pc sees it) in both Windows and FMS. Moving the transmitter inputs around makes the blue bars in FMS moving up and down...which is the right thing....right? However, the transmitter does not seem to affect the heli in front of me (on the pc of course) at all. I tried "hand launch" also and the heli just dived straight into a crash. Nothing I do on the trasnmitter makes the heli to respond.

How do I get the simulation to respond to transmitter input changes? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Calla
calla

Re: Transmitter calibrated but no response in Vista

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Fill in the correct channel numbers in the bottom 4 controls on the LH side of the mapping/calibration screen. They're the ones that control the helis. Just put in the numbers corresponding to the blue bar that moves for each control.
Steve Lewin

Postby calla » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:32 am

Thanks Steve. I got the heli to respond, but how do I get the thing to lift off? Throttle (power) does not seem to work. Also, what is "Nick"?

Many thanks,
Calla
calla

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:19 am

"Nick" is more or less the equivalent of elevator for the heli (tilts forward/back). "Pitch" needs to be set to the throttle channel.

Try with fixed wing planes first then when they work set the bottom 4 channels so they match the top 4.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Joystick-Interface