USB LED FLASHING; CALIBRATION FAILURE

USB LED FLASHING; CALIBRATION FAILURE

Postby ianh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Hello,

I have the FMS Simulator USB cable, FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 downloaded & installed; FMS opens and I can display the helicopter (which turns in a clockwise direction but the transmitter does not respond.) All running on XP Pro.

When the USB cable is plugged in, the LED flashes red continually. Although I can access the calibration, it does not respond to stick movement (despite following forum advice - which is excellent.) Have downloaded d3drm.dll & saved to FMS directory under Porgram Files. The transmitter is the E-Sky 6-channel #0406.

Any advice appreciated - happy to provide more information.

Cheers.

Ian
ianh

Re: USB LED FLASHING; CALIBRATION FAILURE

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:39 pm

What USB interface ? What do the instructions say about flashing LEDs ?

Can you see the interface/calibrate it under WIndows/Game Controllers ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby ianh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

What USB interface ? What do the instructions say about flashing LEDs ? = The packaging says "FMS Simulator"; web site www.flyskychine.com (not up & running) but there are no instructions; so I cannot explain the flashing LED.

Can you see the interface/calibrate it under WIndows/Game Controllers ? = Not sure of your question, sorry. Checked Windows Explorer; cannot see Games Controller. Any guidance welcomed.

Ian
ianh

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 am

Try Start/Help and Support and key "Game Controller" into Search. Select "Calibrate Game Controller" then follow instructions. Or use Start/Settings/Control Panel/Game Controller.

There's no standard for what LEDs mean. I've seen ones that flash permanently, others that flash initially then settle down to steady and others that only flash for errors. Without instructions it's just guesswork.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby DNA Roadshow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Hello all,

I am new here just a quickie if possible. I have purchased a Skyartec 4CH Cesna 182 and that came with FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.2 on Disc.

I too am having problems with my FMS calibrating my SKY501 remote control. I have tried all of the above put there is still no response.

Thanks guys

Nige
DNA Roadshow

Postby DNA Roadshow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Well poke me in the eye with a very blunt stick!!!!!!!!!

I have finally found out what the problem has been........

It says in the manual to half extend the arial of the transmiter. Yeah right whatever the only way it works on FMS is if you fully retract the arial and then it recognises it. Hey ho this may help some of you as there are a lot of issues about this type of thing on here.

Anyway good luck with the flying folks.

All the best

Nige.
DNA Roadshow

Postby ianh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Glad it worked for you.

Still nothing works with my eSky transmitter.

I guess this is low budget stuff; so lack of support & backup is only to be expected.

Shame as it looks quite good.
ianh

Postby Tempus_Fugit » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Here's a warning for all you Dynam owners probably staring at the cheapest low quality transmitter you have ever seen! Yes I'm bitter because I have just brought a HawkSky which came with a 4 ch NE-KO which is frustrating to the point of distraction! I have too been wasting my time with the usb cable (4 pin din serial to usb) and wanted to make sure (in desperation I may add) that the ariel was not causing anything unwanted, so I loosened the screw a bit and the ariel came clean off with a broken wire which used to be connected to the box of shiny plastic. Also the wires to the battery pack were caught when fixing the rear cover. Nice. The plane looks great, the transmitter is the worse piece of Chinese export that I have ever had the misfortune to possess. Thank you Dynam for your quality product.
Tempus_Fugit

Postby ggunners » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Yeah, sometimes you need to open them up and "fix" the poor workmanship

Cold solder joints are common, broken wires, etc.

One of mine developed a problem with one direction on the ailerons and was fixed with spray contact cleaner.

With a lot of the mass produced Chinese stuff we get a lot of variability. Some fly great, some are OK and some are just complete garbage. Try to model that in FMS. :) Nobody wants me to model one that flys like crap.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface