Heli not getting back to neutral position

Heli not getting back to neutral position

Postby borcenty » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 am

Hey,

I have the Esky 4-channel transmitter. I've calibrated it in FMS and it responds to my commands. Unfortunately Heli doesn't get back to neutral position when I release the control stick. For example - when I push forward the right stick - Heli "leans" forward, but when I release the stick - Heli remains "leaned" forward.

My real model (not the game model) gets back to neutral as soon as I release the stick.

Have I missed something in my configuration? Do I really need to manually bring it back to neutral?

thanks!
- borcenty
borcenty

Re: Heli not getting back to neutral position

Postby ggunners » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Sounds like your "real" model has a gyro in it. There is no "gyro" support in FMS.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby borcenty » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks for a quick reply ggunners..

You're right about gyro in my "real" model. All clear now.

It seems that models with gyro are WAY easier to fly.. How are "professional models" built? Do they have gyro built-in or not really? Just wondering what should I expect when I move to a more advanced model.

Right now I have Esky co-douphin - http://www.xheli.com/dauphin-us-coast-g ... opter.html

cheers
- borcenty
borcenty

Postby ggunners » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:28 am

I don't fly helicopters, so, I might be wrong, most helicopters I have seen have gyros on them
and some have them in all 3 axis.

I am also told that bigger ones, properly set up, are easier to fly than smaller ones.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface