DYNAM 6CH SIM not working...

DYNAM 6CH SIM not working...

Postby luckyshot_69 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 am

When I started this posting it was my first day being exposed to the FMS world. By reading as much as I could to help me with my own personal quest to get something in the air using FMS software. At first I thought after reading the offical FMS manual that the software was not compatible with USB interfaces, but then it didn't make any sense if that were the case, by virtue of all the available product out there offering USB interface simulators joined with FMS CD's, so I got one and now.......
I need help with this Dynam 6ch simulator! I just can't get a break here it seems..... I'm using windows XP (32-bit) P4 at 2.8 Ghz/ with 2 Gb RAM x 160Gb ROM, installed the 8.5 version of FMS and can use my keyboard to control aircraft within FMS. However the Dynam simulator (USB cable) does not get recognized by the FMS > CONTROL > ANALOG > JOYSTICK > CALIBRATE even after I successfully pre-calibrate the simulator within XP's own > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > GAME CONTROLLER > PPM CONTROLLER > CALIBRATE and followed the CALIBRATION WIZARD....successfully calibrated !!
I tried using the FMS/ CONTROL > ANALOG > JOYSTICK > CALIBRATE > settings conferred by "dmurias" to no avail. I get nothing. I also downloaded SMARTPROPOPLUS with all it's tools, but it seems that it's designed to monitor auditory signals and not USB SIGNAL INPUTS, so that's also a bust.
I don't know if this is helpful but my graphics card is a bit weak in today's market. It's an ATi RADEON 7000, with 64 meg (DDR) on-board AGP 2X - 4X SVGA, and I'm unsure if it has a 3D accelerator even though when I try to get specs on it the 'hype' says it's a powerful graphics interface card with superior 3D animation capabilities, what ever that means....
After uploading SMARTPROPOPLUS, and configuring it to "line-in" using a cable I started to put together but never finished assembling it (after winning the auction for this other USB simulator). Well, it's still running in the background, and still looks to "line-in" for a signal. Could it be that it is interfering (using a port guardian) with the USB signal ? that's my next step, disable software and try the controller again.
PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING, THANK YOU, Chuck.
luckyshot_69

Re: DYNAM 6CH SIM not working...

Postby luckyshot_69 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:37 am

UPDATE: Disconnected/disabled pre-mentioned software, no effect or improvements.
I also uninstalled and re-installed FMS, but used the 8.3 version just to see if that would make any difference, it didn't.
This is not a .dll issue as the FMS software starts and is controllable using keyboard. In fact when I go into ANALOG > JOYSTICK > RESOURCES the software shows that it sees joystick no. 1 as being a 6 channel controller. It still won't calibrate or control any of the signals/bars in the calibration mode, but interesting point is only 6 of the 8 bars are at full posture, as if it knows I'm using a 6 channel controller..
Still waiting for help on this problem, please help if you know something, thanks.

Chuck.
luckyshot_69

Postby KEW » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi luckyshot_69,

You seem to have done most things right. One thing you could try that you did not mention:

When you are in the Windows Game controllers and have calibrated your controller, select Advanced and make sure that your controller is selected as the Preferred device.

If this does not make your controller available to the FMS Calibration window, let us know and we will see if there is anything else you can try.

Regards,

KEW
KEW

Postby luckyshot_69 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:39 pm

The PPM was already automatically selected as "preferred" when I went in to check/change it per your suggestion. Thank you KEW for your help event though it didn't change the status. Perhaps there are some driver updates outside the MicroSoft database?

Chuck.
luckyshot_69

Postby luckyshot_69 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:48 pm

UPDATE: Sunday April 25th, 2010
I downloaded the trial version of Clearview (it's a for profit RC simulator) just so I could see if my controller would work on that software. Not only did it work but it required absolutely no calibrations, fixes, reversals of servo signals...nothing !!
How is it that I get nothing out of FMS? The software even recognized my PPM as a 6 ch controller in the analog section of tools for CONTROL, but won't sense any signals or calibrate them? It (my PPM) totally calibrates in Win XP, and using the advanced settings is selected as "preferred" !
Isn't anybody available for answers? I really want to work this problem out, but just don't know where to go from here.

chuck.
luckyshot_69

Postby KEW » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 am

Hi luckyshot,

I am at a total loss on this one. I am running FMS in XP Pro but I am using SmartProPlus with an input to the mic input. I never had any problems with it. I don't have a USB input cable for any of my transmitters so I can not experiment to help find a solution for you. Maybe one of the others can give you some help here.

Good luck,

KEW
KEW

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:16 am

I've run several USB interfaces but not that exact one. I'm also running Win XP SP2. But I've never seen or even heard of a preferred controller which calibrates in Windows but does nothing at all in FMS.

You don't need Smartpropoplus so that should be uninstalled. If you have any other games controllers installed trying uninstalling them so that the PPM interface is the only one available. When you go into FMS/Analog/Joystick/Calibrate, press the Calibrate button and move the controls on your Dynam thingy, what exactly happens to the blue bars ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby ggunners » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 pm

In WinXP, click on Game Controllers in the Control Panel and there is a button called "Advanced".

If you click that button, you can choose your preferred device.

No help with Vista or Win7.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Tempus_Fugit » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm using a 4 ch Dynam NE-KO transmitter. the one shipped with the HawkSky. It came with the 4 pin mini din to USB cable and FMS. I'm using Windows XP. The USB device is recognised and all appears well! However calibration does not look like its working XP control panel, game controllers so I cant say that this is FMS must be something else!

Any ideas would be appreciated. I have tried all suggestions on forums. BTW when calibrating in FMS v7 channel 6 goes mad whilst others stay static (completely blue). Must be something to do with the din to usb. BTW these NE-KO boxes are not the best quality and perhaps a bit too BLING!

Help appreciated
Tempus_Fugit

Postby ggunners » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:35 am

I have a 6ch USB and you have to make sure rhe mix switch is off.

Otherwise, I too am at a loss. On my XP machine I did have to make sure it was the preferred controller.

If you have ever installed more than one game controller, then windows may have set preferred to the first installed. On my machine I had a yoke and pedals for MS Flightsim and had to make the PPM controller preferred.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Tempus_Fugit » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks ggunners. I'm new to this. Is the switch you refer to the throttle sticker, protech switch?

I only have one game controller PPM. This for whatever reason is not working. Almost tempted to try Clearview because someone said that would work but I am convinced this is an issue with XP understanding the transmitter, which is failing to do what the mic connection seems to do for other users.

ALSO I just watched a slow and boring Youtube video of someone using a USB connector with a transmitter and the LED turns from Red to Green! Didn't realise this was possible? Anyone at there using a USB connector which flashes red and works?
Tempus_Fugit

Postby ggunners » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:50 pm

OK, two other things to try.

First, see if you have more than one USB port. Some are powered for use as hub extensions and have more power going to them. Not all USB ports are alike. If you have a powered USB hub, try that too.

Finally, one person reported that their USB adapter did not push in all the way because the plastic on it was too close to the end of the plug. USB gains power first and signal second. So it could get power but not provide good signal. The had to trim a small amount off the end of the plastic surrounding the metal on the end that plugs into your PC.

Hope the information helps! -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface