E Sky USB sim joystick

E Sky USB sim joystick

Postby rumjar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:03 am

hey guys i am having some trouble setting up FMS with my usb simulator joystick you grab in a pack. the models just fly like stupid things. i have done the calibrate and as far as i know i have set all the channels right. anybody got any ideas.
rumjar

Re: E Sky USB sim joystick

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 am

You'll have to explain what you mean by "fly like stupid things" first.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby rumjar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:13 am

Well i try and launch via runway takeoff and it just spirals out of control. not sure of what is going on but it is weird. also i have a problem now where the picture is flashing like strobe like and i can't see anything. i have tried many other versions of the sim but it still doesn't seem to work. i have set the resolution on the monitor to 60hz and still the same issue. seriouly there has to be a better sim out there that uses this USB sim joystick.
rumjar

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 pm

That description could mean anything e.g. perhaps you just don't know how to fly ;).

Which models have you tried ? Are they all the same ? Do any of the controls affect the flight at all ?

BTW there are several better sims...there just aren't any better FREE sims ;).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby rumjar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:32 pm

No it's more like the channels are not set up right. i had the same sim a few years ago with a similar USB controller. it was the one that had EK2-0905A written on it. the one i got the other day has E Sky Hobby Simulator FMS written on it. as far as i know the insides look the same. it's weird that this one controller has been playing up with the one version beta version and the Alpha version. it's very weird that it now has a screen issue. what your opinion on ClearView? i haven't gone flying in a few year and this sim is only to brush up on some skills i think maybe rusty.
rumjar

Postby Bill13118 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:04 pm

I received the Esky hobby model and fought for 2 days trying to get the software to work. I read all the forums to no avail. I was even getting tempted to install that DLL thing on my computer. But I did at least have the USB recognized, and had ran thorough the calibrations 100 times with no success. Finally, in desperation, I watched a few of those 20 second wmv files that are buried in a few of the older zip file downloads, and caught this little Chinese speaking gal selecting all 8 mapping channels and duplicating the settings as in the first four, including inverted. So I said what the heck and tried that, and voila I'm flying!!!!! at least in simulation :wink:
Bill13118

Postby mehodgsonsr » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:33 am

I mapped the controller as follows to work with the helicopters:
Rudder 8
Elevator 8
Aileron 8
Throttle 8
Tail 4
Nick 2 inv
Roll 1 inv
Pitch 3 inv

That was with Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5
Last edited by mehodgsonsr on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mehodgsonsr

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:31 am

And if you'd mapped it
Rudder 4
Elevator 2
Aileron 1
Throttle 3
Tail 4
Nick 2 inv
Roll 1 inv
Pitch 3 inv

it would work with planes as well as helis. That's what we mean when we KEEP saying the top 4 (plane) and bottom 4 (heli) settings should be the same ;).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Joystick-Interface