Helocopter controls don't function

Helocopter controls don't function

Postby CBICOS » Thu May 06, 2010 12:02 am

I'm using the Esky Simulator FMS with the Beta 7 software on Windows XP. The airplane controls are fine but the helocopter controls do not respond. I don't believe I have the controls set up correctly. I have never used the FMS before and could use some guidance on setting it up so I have a good learning experience before I start crashing real model aircraft.
CBICOS

Re: Helocopter controls don't function

Postby ggunners » Thu May 06, 2010 12:52 am

I believe someone else responded already, but make sure the boxes in the calibration screen are numbered and checked for the helicopters the same way they are for the airplanes.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby CBICOS » Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 am

Thanks for the reply. The controller I have is a 4ch controller and by default all eight channels have a control number as follows...1 through 8 - rudder through pitch. Should it be 1 through 4 and 1 through 4? How would you suggest setting up the controller. I was told to start with 3 channels until I gained some experience. Also, I know that Inv means invert but what does Exp mean?
CBICOS

Postby ggunners » Thu May 06, 2010 2:52 pm

There is already a reply on the site about calibrating a controller. Many controllers are different.

If your controller has mixing, turn it off.

Within the calibration screen, for a US controller, move the sticks and assign the channels.
If they are backwards when flying, click on the INV. Use the EXP (Expo) for aileron and rudder
to make controlling the airplane easier.

Left up/down throttle.
Left right/left rudder.
Right up/down elevator. (pull back points up)
Right left/right aileron.

Once channels are assigned for airplanes, copy to helicopters.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface