No Input

No Input

Postby lurchsum69 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:28 pm

I recently had to re install XP onto my desk top and now have the issue of the sim will no longer work with my joystick. The sim used to work perfectly prior to the re install On the calibration page, all inputs are working and can be calibrated without issue. The sim will work for one 'cycle' (One take of and crash, LOL) and that's it. Once the sim re initializes, the joysticks no longer work. Keyboard control work fine if this helps. Any ideas?
Thanks
lurchsum69

Re: No Input

Postby ggunners » Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 am

I am not sure what kind of joystick you are talking about, but you can buy a USB dual-joystick for $12 or so and a USB device that looks and acts like a transmitter for $20 or so. It might be time to scrap your existing model if it attaches by something other than USB.

If you still want us to help. Please provide a few more details, like computer, chipset, memory, video card, joystick connection method, etc. At first blush, it sounds like it might be a joystick driver issue and you should get an updated driver from the joystick manufacturer.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby lurchsum69 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:16 pm

That was dumb, I didn't provide much info. I have a Radeon 8500 w 64 M memory. A Pent 4 @ a little over 2 GHz speed and 512 memory. The joystick is an actual RC flight transmitter hooked up via USB adaptor. As mentioned this setup used to work perfectly prior to me reloading XP. I also have a issue w another game. VRC (Virtual RC Racing) is now running w a very slow frame rate. It too used to run perfect prior to me 'fixing' my desk top. I am using the same USB interface cable hooked up to my JR R1 transmitter.
Thanks for helping me w this!
lurchsum69

Postby ggunners » Fri May 14, 2010 1:25 pm

First, have you tried calibrating the joystick with Windows -> Start -> Control Panel -> Game Controllers?

If not, try that first. Also, if there is more than one joystick defined in Windows, make this one the primary under the Advanced tab.

Frame rate is a video driver problem, not related to your joystick.

If all this looks good, I would probably uninstall FMS, (save your models to another directory before doing so, and then reinstall it. You will have to recalibrate again, but this will clear any FMS registry entries.

Let us know how this works.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby lurchsum69 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Yes, I have calibrated my transmitter w Windows and I have installed and un installed FMS about 4 times. I've also tried older versions of FMS as well. I just find it funny that I have such issues after reinstalling XP. It's as as if I'm missing a driver or updade of some kind.
lurchsum69

Postby ggunners » Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Does it crash with one model, one scenery, all models all scenery? -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby lurchsum69 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:23 am

It acts the same w any combo of scenery and/or model.
Thanks for trying to help.
lurchsum69

Return to Joystick-Interface