[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Please Help with Calibration!

Please Help with Calibration!

Please Help with Calibration!

Postby Nukleuz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:40 pm

HI Guys,

I am brand new to the RC scene, I have Just brought home my first chopper and step 1 is practicing on FMS! ( if only i could get it working )
I have installed it on my desktop ( running windows XP ) and my laptop (running windows 7 ).
I have the same problem with both machines.
The transmitter is a CX-CT6A ( copterX )

Let me just run through what i have done:

1) installed the remote drivers first ( PL-2303 driver installer.exe )
2) then plugged the cable in, the pc found new hardware , and installed it ( after 5 mins )
3) then installed T6config. ( version 1.0 )
4) plugged cable into remote and turned it on
5) installed FMS ( version 2.0 alpha 8.3 )

When i open T6config and select wich com port i need, the green bars move around when i play with the remote,
So the PC is " seeing " the remote.

When i run FMS and go to controll -> Joystick interface - > Mapping / calibration

I see the mapping and the channels, I have inputted the correct values for the mapping
but when i try and calibrate, there is no movement from the blue lines. When i play with the
remote nothing happens.

Any idea what I am missing ?

If i go to Joystick interface and click on " ressources "

Joystick 1 : not available
Joystick 2 : not available.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks
!!
Nukleuz

Re: Please Help with Calibration!

Postby ggunners » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:48 pm

First check Windows Control Panel and see if you can calibrate the joystick there. If Windows can't see it, neither can FMS. Then make sure it is the preferred joystick by using the [Advanced] button where you calibrated the joystick in Windows. On my WinXP, both joysticks do not appear either, but I can calibrate the joystick in FMS.

One other note, make sure to download and install FMS 2 alpha 8.5. It fixed some bugs in FMS 2 8.3 and also flies both FMS 2.7 and 2.8 models.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Nukleuz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi ggunners,

Thank you for the speedy response.

As I said i am VERY new to this, I have been battling to get the software up and running for about 8 hours now,
I have managed to overcome the issue's by reading through forums and help guides, but This is where I am stuck.

When i go to control panel - > game controllers

There are no controllers present

Under the advanced button where it says preferred device , it is also empty.

What i have tried in the interem is in FMS setting the controll to Serial PIC-interface.
I did manage to get the blue bars to move around in the config , but unable to fly the helli as it just does its
own thing. ( not sure if that helps )

What could i try?

Thanks
Nukleuz

Postby ggunners » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am

OK, I found and downloaded the English version of the manual for your transmitter. The cable and software are for programming the transmitter, not for working with a simulator. Sorry, I did not see a trainer port either. So, you need a sim controller. I'd recommend one of the 4-channel for both FMS and ClearView. They cost about $20 USD. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Nukleuz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:10 pm

That doesn't make any sense,

I bought the whole kit from someone who was using it perfectly with FMS.
He was running it for a few months before he sold it to me.

I dont think i need to purchase anything, I think it is a software problem :(

It seems windows just doesn't knowledge it as a joystick.
Nukleuz

Postby ggunners » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:49 pm

OK, The manual does not mention any capability except to adjust the transmitters settings with the t6config program.

I just Google'd "CX-CT6A FMS". Perhaps we can find some more info online.

Maybe try this link "" This method talks about creating an FMS link through your PC's sound card using SmartPropo and PPJoy software.

Another resource that talks about the for a different CopterX transmitter. It appears that you may have to save and then restore the default transmitter setup to use it this way. Depending on your tolerance for such things, this process may grow tiresome as trying to fly your real copter with the FMS config may cause a real heli crash.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface