Joystick calibration won't work

Joystick calibration won't work

Postby nic » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:22 pm

I have followed all the instructions and the joystick calibration won't operate..Why? The plane just does it's own thing.
Please help
nic

Re: Joystick calibration won't work

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:42 pm

What interface do you have ? What operating system ? What instructions did you follow ? A link would help.

Also what EXACTLY happens when you try to calibrate ? Just "won't operate" is not really enough information.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby hdinh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 am

hi
i am new to RC
I have difficulties in setting up FMS. My transmitter is E-FLY coming with EF2000 RTF model and FMS is E GO
The aileron and elevator stick is mixed up.How do I fix this?
Also how can I see the view of the plane relative to the ground so I can land?
What's the vario number indicate?

Thanks a lot
hdinh

Postby ggunners » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:45 pm

To untangle your elevator and aileron sticks, you just need to reverse the channel numbers in the calibration screen. So if elev was ch 3 and ail ch 4, make elev ch 4 and ail ch 3. Also, make sure and copy your corrected channel list in the same order to the helicopter section. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby hdinh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I have changed the number but still not working.When I move the aileron stick, the blue(or red) bar moving as rudder and when moving the rudder stick ,two bar moving 1 up 1 down like aileron. My transmitter is I think V type using for EF2000 so the wing flap can be operate as Aileron and elevator

Thanks again
hdinh

Postby ggunners » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 pm

It sounds like you have mixing turned on for aileron/elevator. This needs to be unmixed.

If you have a mode 2 transmitter,

Left stick up/down = throttle
Keft stick left/right = rudder/steering, unless 3 ch then mapped to aileron
Right stick up/down = elevator, push for down, pull for up
Right stick left/right = aileron, unless 3 ch R/E/T then is rudder on elevator channel

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby hdinh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:11 am

hi
My transmitter is mode 1
left stick :rudder left right- elevator up down
right stick : throttle up down and aileron left right
Is that correct?
When I move right stick left right( aileron)the movement on the bar is for elevator up down bar and same apply for elevator stick the bar move as aileron

thanks
hdinh

Postby ggunners » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:26 am

OK, if you move the aileron stick left/right which blue bar moves? If 3, then the aileron number needs to be 3. This is called channel mapping and you map the correct stick movement for the channel, to the correct number in the Mapping/Calibration screen. -- ggunners

ggunners

Postby hdinh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 am

Hi
If I move aileron stick(right)-bar 4 move up and down and the plane move up and down
If I move the elevator stick(left)- bar 1 and 2 move in opposite direction and the plane turn right and left
It appears the aileron stick is connect to elevator.
Thanks again for help
hdinh

Postby hdinh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:22 am

Hi
I forgot to mention my transmitter is V type mixing for delta wing jet where the aileron and elevator can not be separated-

Control surface mixing
Some rc airplanes are designed in such a way that they cannot have separate ailerons and elevators - delta-wing jets, for example.
When this is the case, control surface 'mixing' is necessary and this is only possible on computerized rc systems that offer a mixing capability.

When elevators and ailerons are combined together, or mixed, they become elevons. They look just like elevators but move together, as elevators do, and individually, as ailerons do. In short, one pair of elevons does the job of elevators and ailerons.
Flaperons are control surfaces that mix the actions of ailerons with flaps. In other words, one pair of control surfaces along the trailing edge of the wing take on the job of aileron control and flap control, when needed.
Spoilerons are, in effect, the inverted version of flaperons. Spoilers are often found on large rc gliders and operate by the control surface moving upwards as opposed to flaps that drop down.

Hope this help to solve the problem

Thanks
hdinh

Postby ggunners » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 am

You have to turn off mixing in your transmitter for sim use to separate your mixed channels.

If bar 4 moves for aileron, then the aileron channel should be set to number 4.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby hdinh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi,
Sorry to bother you again
But now I have the aileron and elevator in bar 1 and 2 however the aileron stick will have the two bar move together in the same direction and the elevation stick have the two bar move in opposite direction.
There must be some switch to fix this
Ihave put aileron 1 also try 2
elevation 2 also try 1 and still having problem
throttle 3 ok
and rudder 4 ok

Thanks
hdinh

Postby hdinh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:50 pm

also how do I turn off mixing in my transmitter
hdinh

Postby ggunners » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Mixing is turned off in very different ways for each transmitter. Some have a toggle switch on the top of the transmitter. Some assign mixing through a multi-model user interface, some require a PC to program them, some have a set of switches under the battery.

Many folks just buy a dedicated SIM transmitter for $20 or so to avoid the problems of unmixing and remixing when working on the sim. Both Dynam and Esky have nice SIM transmitters.

Here's one: http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyu-1002.html
and another: http://www.nitroplanes.com/e4chflsitrki.html

No affiliation with either of them.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface