[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
FMS Forum • View topic - Joystick problem

Joystick problem

Joystick problem

Postby fronkle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:54 pm

I have downloaded fms installed it, installed joystick, calibrated it in fms no problem.

but when i am going to "play" the controller dont work.

i choose controls --> analog control --> joystick interface --> in mapping all the buttons works -->ok

still not working.

soulution anyone????
fronkle

Re: Joystick problem

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 am

Plane or heli ? Have you set up the channel numbers on LH side of the mapping/calibration screen including the bottom 4 which are for helis ?

A bit more detail of what you're trying to fly and what happens when you try might be helpful. Just "controller don't work" doesn't give us much to go on.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby ggunners » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Please remember if you are trying to fly an FMS 2.8 model in FMS 2.7, it will appear that the controller does not work. Try an FMS 2.7 model to make sure. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby vfrjohn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:19 am

I am having the same problem as fronkle!

I am using a Hobbyking T6A transmitter, with the USB programming cable, PPJoy and T6SIM, FMS 2.0 Beta 7.
All model data was loaded fresh with the installation of FMS.

In FMS:
I select Controls/Analog Controls/Joystick Interface
All 4 stick movements show up correctly in the Joystick dialog - i.e., the vertical bars follow the stick movements.
Likewise, in the Mapping/Calibration dialog, the vertical bars 1 thru 4 follow the stick movements.
I have set the mapping to 4 2 1 3 4 2 1 3 and calibrated.
All is good... so far.
When I Ok Ok out of the Controls dialog, and move the sticks, the simulator is running but the airplane shows no reaction at all - moving the joysticks do not affect the controls.
In other words, the sticks work in the Joystick dialog, but have no effect in the simulation mode of the program.
I tried both an airplane, and a helicopter. Neither responds to stick movements.

As a check, I ran HeliSymRC - it works fine with the exact same setup. I am able to fly (and sometimes land) the model. All four controls (throttle/collective, roll, pitch, tail) work correctly.

Any suggestions as to why the FMS callibration setup responds to my sticks, but the simulation does not?
Any suggestions as to how I can surmount this small problem? (I really prefer FMS!)
vfrjohn

Postby ggunners » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 pm

You are trying to fly an FMS 2 alpha 8.5 model with FMS 2 beta 7. Only use FMS 2 beta 7 models or upgrade to FMS 2 alpha 8.5. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby vfrjohn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 am

ggunners - Thanks for replying!

per my post:
"I am using ... FMS 2.0 Beta 7.
All model data was loaded fresh with the installation of FMS."

I uninstalled 2 alpha 8.5, and deleted all the folders in c:\Program Files - including the Models folder.

Then I downloaded a fresh copy of 2.0 beta 7 and installed it.

How can I have alpha 8.5 models?

And, how can I insure I have beta 7 models - is there a way to verify?

Thanks!
vfrjohn

Postby ggunners » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:16 pm

ggunners

Postby vfrjohn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:58 pm

THe .par file for the model I have been trying to use (Hughes heli) is 2694 bytes and starts off like this:
------------------------
1 iModelStyle (0 = Flugzeug / 1 = Hubschrauber)

5.5 Masse (cMasse) [kg]
0.08 Trägheitsmoment um die Hochachse (fIHochachse)
0.05 Trägheitsmoment um die Querachse (fIQuerachse
0.05 Trägheitsmoment um die Längsachse (fILaengsachse)
2.2 Rotationswiderstand

... etc
---------------------------

This looks to me pretty much like the FMS 2 Beta 7 example you showed, except it doesn't have the
" digit:name "
strings after the whitespace. I am guessing everything after the whitespace is comment.

So... now what? It really doesn't make sense to me that the program can recognize my transmitter/joystick setup for calibration, but not for a model!!

Is there a test utility I can try that might shed some light?
vfrjohn

Postby ggunners » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Yes, helicopters use a version of the FMS 2 beta 7 .par file. Make sure that you have assigned the same numerical sequence for helis as airplanes in the mapping/calibration screen. The helicopter will then respond to the same controls as an airplane.

Will your controller work with any of the airplanes?

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface