[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Hitec optic 6 sport 2.4

Hitec optic 6 sport 2.4

Hitec optic 6 sport 2.4

Postby Flaxo » Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi,

I´m trying to make a cable to connect my Hitec radio to FMS. What i need to know is what pins from USB ( signal+, signal-, +5V and GND) i should connect to the 3,5 mono plug. I thought it should be signal+ to center and GND to shield but i dont get it to work at all.

Please help.

Do i need anything else than the cable and FMS?

/Flaxo
Flaxo

Re: Hitec optic 6 sport 2.4

Postby ggunners » Mon May 09, 2011 6:54 pm

USB and audio are not compatible. To use the audio plug, you need the raw signal from the transmitter, not a signal from a USB connector which should plug into a USB port on your computer. Or perhaps, I do not understand. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon May 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Sorry but the USB cables (really interfaces) that we use to connect a transmitter to a PC have a bunch of complex electronics in them. It's definitely NOT just a simple wiring job.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Flaxo » Tue May 10, 2011 6:20 am

But the interface cable looks like this : http://www.autopartner.se/hitec-usb-fli ... c-341.aspx

Where do they hide all the electronics then?

/Flaxo
Flaxo

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue May 10, 2011 8:13 am

Steve Lewin

Postby Flaxo » Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 am

No, sorry i did not mean to be sarcastic.
I honestly wondered (as a noob i am =)).

Now i know.
Thanks for all the answers.
/Flaxo
Flaxo

Postby ggunners » Tue May 10, 2011 11:19 am

Yes, the USB part usually has multiple chips in there, typically a PIC processor programmed to decode the transmitter signal and look like a dual joystick and a USB driver chip at a minimum. It is a lot of work to make a USB transmitter cord from scratch. You can usually take the signal off a trainer port and tie directly to the sound card input using software. I prefer a simple dedicated Sim dual joystick for around $20 like the Dynam. -- ggunners

Layout of PCB board: http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2007/m ... ynkx?tab=2
SmartPropoPlus & vJoy: http://www.smartpropoplus.com/dnn/
Esky Controller: http://www.nitroplanes.com/e4chflsitrki.html
Dynam Controller: http://www.nitroplanes.com/newrcte6chfl.html
Tom's RC Sim Cables: http://sim.tomsrc.com/page.php?7
ggunners

Postby KEW » Tue May 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Flaxo,
I think this is the information you are requesting:

HITEC TRAINING CONNECTOR

NOTE: Connect pin 4 to pin 5