[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Dell Computer USB Input Device Problem –Walkera UB-001

Dell Computer USB Input Device Problem –Walkera UB-001

Dell Computer USB Input Device Problem –Walkera UB-001

Postby NZ_Kiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:32 am

I have problem with my Dell Studio 1749 X64-based laptop computer. I’m running FSM version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 and it works just fine with the keyboard interface controls. However, upgrading the controls to a joystick interface using a Walkera UB-001 cable together with the RC WK 4302 transmitter the system Device Manager displays the yellow triangle icon error message with the explanation mark “!” The Windows displays the error message “device driver software was not successfully installed”

This version of FSM software works fine on other models of computers that I can lay my hands on when using the same USB-001 cable and WK 4302 transmitter hardware!

Even though there has been no problems with the Dell’s USB ports with other USB devices, this problem is my Dell computer!

My Dell is running Windows7 Home Premium. I’ve tried some diagnostic ideas like testing all the other USB ports and interchanging the USB input device files from another computer and still no luck.

Any advice or work-around solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Tom
NZ_Kiwi

Re: Dell Computer USB Input Device Problem –Walkera UB-001

Postby ggunners » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:13 pm

Try finding out how the computers that work with your setup assign
the device type and then manually force the correct device type in
Windows device manager.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby KEW » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:39 pm

You mentioned that your transmitter worked with FMS on other computers. Were any of them running Windows 7? If not, you may need to update the transmitter interface driver (possibly available on the manufacturer's home page).

KEW
KEW

Postby EvylRat » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 am

Anyone know how to get the UB-001 working in Windows 7? It reports that a driver cannot be found for the USB device.
EvylRat

Postby KEW » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:25 pm

I searched the internet and found lots of reports of the Walkera UB-001 USB interface cable not working in Windows 7. I use a mono-jack cable with my JR transmitters, with SmartProPlus as the interface software. It works well on my desktop computers running XP but I have not been able to get it to run consistantly in my laptop, running Windows 7. I even tried loading SmartProPlus as batch file. It ran sometimes but failed to boot most of the time.

In the end, I bought a game controller that has two analog sticks. This set up really easily in XP and worked well with FMS but it has no dual rates which I use regularly on pattern planes. When I tried the controller on Windows 7, only three of the control axes showed up in FMS. I had to download a Windows 7 driver that allowed me to re-map the controls (after a lot of muttering and frustration).

The conclusion I came to was that Windows 7 was designed specifically for the mindless masses who just want to watch movies and surf youtube on their computers. If you want it to do anything else, Windows 7 is definitely user-hostile.

Regards,

KEW

P.S. I have been writing automatic test software and process control applications on computers for 30 years in everything from 4-bit compilers to the latest "Visual" software. My personal opinion is that Windows Vista and Windows 7 are not my operating systems of choice!
Last edited by KEW on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEW

Postby Oostie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi there,

This was the reply from Walkera regarding their UB-001 cable and windows 7: Kindly please note that you can usd WK2403 & UB-001 in Windows XP. Win-7 can not be used for simulation cable UB-001 & wk2403.
Now I have to buy a controller that will work with windows 7...
Oostie

Postby EvylRat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:43 pm

I can report that it worked on XP, without drivers. stoopid Windows 7. I wonder if it will work on a Virtual XP within 7.
EvylRat

Postby Adisteve » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 pm

thanks for taking time to help!!!

-----------------------------------------
Adisteve

Return to Joystick-Interface