[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Computer wont recognise my Esky et6i for my belt v2

Computer wont recognise my Esky et6i for my belt v2

Computer wont recognise my Esky et6i for my belt v2

Postby kellyperry1971 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:09 am

I need to do some practicing before I smash my beautyfully modified Belt CP V2. Its my first 6 channel. So I decided to find a simulator. The guy I bought it from gave me the cable to plug it in to the usb so I really thought I was ahead of the game. Boy was I wrong. Its been harder than learning to fly the heli. I managed to get the sim installed and got threw the stupid dll thing and I've been hung at getting the thing to agnoledge the blame remote.
I'm on a HP dv7 with Windows 7. When I plug the USB cable it makes its little "doodledit" noise and a red light in the USB part comes on and stays on for a few seconds. And this happens wheather or not tha radio is plugged into the other end of the cord or not. My question is... Can I use my remote with this simulator. Or am I gonna have to buy some pagkaged thing with a cheap dummy radio and if I can what do I need to do?
kellyperry1971

Re: Computer wont recognise my Esky et6i for my belt v2

Postby kellyperry1971 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:41 am

Well I downloaded Smart ProPo Plus and got it to recognise the remote... But on the calibrate dill all the blue bars are jumpin around like Southern Jumpin Beans wheather I'm movin the sticks on the remote or not!
kellyperry1971

Postby ggunners » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:46 am

See for diagnostic tools.

Also, check the gain on your input port, line-in or mic. Sometimes there is too much signal.

Others have said that using a mono cable works best.

And calibrate in Windows before using in FMS.

Hope the info helps.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby KEW » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:32 pm

It sounds as though you have your transmitter set to PCM. I think SmartProPlus needs a PPM signal.

KEW
KEW

Postby kellyperry1971 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:54 am

Does that mean I cant use my ET6i with a simulator. I read about the Pheonix simulator. Its nearly a hundred bucks. I would think a hundred bucks worth of simulator would be able to recognise a remote. Does it recognise a PCM, or PPM?
kellyperry1971

Postby kellyperry1971 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 am

By the way... What is PPM and PCM? And how do I get a simulator workin?
kellyperry1971

Postby KEW » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't know anything about the Esky ET6i so I checked online and found the following page:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=140663

The first section gives you instructions on how to set up your transmitter to use it with a simulator.
The third section tells you how to use it with FMS.

For your information:

PCM stands for pulse code modulation. The transmitter RF signal is modulated by a series of digital numbers, one for each channel, which represent the positions of the servos attached to the receiver.

PPM stands for pulse position modulation. One pulse for each shannel modulates the transmitter RF signal. The length of each pulse represents the position of the servos connected to the receiver.

KEW
KEW

Postby kellyperry1971 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Well ok... Yeah, Ive been over that post a few times too. This is a frustratin ordeal. I'm just gonna put it down for now so I dont start breakin things.
kellyperry1971

Postby ggunners » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Don't do it. Spend the $14 for a dedicated . Otherwise you setup your transmitter for SIM and then have to set it back to fly. One wrong setting on the SIM is no big deal. One on the aircraft and you have a pile of junk. -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface