Only FMS not seeing E sky USB

Only FMS not seeing E sky USB

Postby JohnNevets » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello all,

New guy around here. I've done quite a bit of searching around here, but have not seen this particular issue. My apologies if I just didn't look far enough. I have FMS installed on a windows 7 computer (thanks to these forums, for help on the .bat file). I still have to resolve the flashing issue, but that is not what this post is about. I bought one of the E-sky dedicated 4 channel usb controllers. I hooked it up and windows update found drivers for it after a few minutes. I found the calibrate function in the control panel, and all seems correct in there. But inside of FMS when I select the joystick interface, none of the blue bars respond to any of the stick movements. The odd thing is both RC desktop and clearview se seem to recognize it just fine. Is there something else I have to set up outside of FMS to get it to detect the port this is using?

I just noticed that .bat file I'm using to launch, is changing the registry each time to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM] Is this right for a USB controller?

Thanks for the help all,

John
JohnNevets

Re: Only FMS not seeing E sky USB

Postby JohnNevets » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Ok, I see the Regedit was indeed correct (and I see what it is doing now). I also took care of the flashing video, using the windows compatibility tool.

In doing a bit more searching, I found out that FMS only looks at the first joystick, so I thought that may be the issue, but it's not windows only sees the one "ADC" game controller. I'm still wondering if there is a setting I have to change somewhere outside of the program (maybe in the registry, maybe in the compatibility tool kit), but I don't know. I just wonder if forcing the program to think it has a comm port, is also making it think that is where the joystick is?

Thanks again for having this great place to get answers,

John
JohnNevets

Return to Joystick-Interface