Rudder control, Hobbyking simulator,USB interface Win 7

Rudder control, Hobbyking simulator,USB interface Win 7

Postby talismann » Wed May 30, 2012 5:21 am

I cannot use my new 6 channel HK simulator because the rudder control is, in my opinion faulty. Using FMS calibrate I can with difficulty set the rudder to centre but as soon as I touch the stick the rudder jumps to full deflection in one direction or the other. There is no proportional movement at all. I cannot believe that this is normal. I returned the unit to HK who say it works just fine and basically do not want to pursue the matter further and referred me to this forum. I have replies from others in the HK forum which state that all channels normally have proportional movement but as I am new to RC I just dont know.,
talismann

Re: Rudder control, Hobbyking simulator,USB interface Win 7

Postby ggunners » Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Did you calibrate in Windows Control Panel before channel assignment and calibration in FMS? -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby talismann » Thu May 31, 2012 4:48 am

Thanks for quick reply ggunners. However I have no knowledge of how to calibrate USB using Win7 Control Panel. And I cannot find the item in Control Panel to enable this. Please tell me what to do and how to do it. Or at least tell me where to find the correct item.
talismann

Postby talismann » Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 am

LATE NEWS !!!!!!! All is well it seems. I found the Win7 calibrate in Printers and Devices. And I was able to adjust the Z rotation to centre AND IT STAYED THERE !!!!! I really appreciate your advice. Maybe there could be a sticky to help other newbies avoid this embarrasment. Happy Landings.
talismann

Postby ggunners » Thu May 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Glad you found it talisman, I only have WinXP, so, a bit hard to help those with newer PC stuff. -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface