[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Joystick problem w/Win 7

Joystick problem w/Win 7

Joystick problem w/Win 7

Postby Kirbaloo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 pm

I bought an RC Simulator cable to go with FMS software. Installed FMS 2.0 Beta 7 (my operating system is Windows 7) and then had to load D3DRM.dll from a CD that came with the cable. FMS seems to be loading but I have no control of the airplane with my transmitter. Keyboard functionality is not quite what it should be either: On the number pad, 8 and 2 function more like zoom in and out than up and down. I went back to Controls/Analog control/Joystick and the keyboard is still controlling the airplane, not the joystick. The cable has a blinking red light when I plug it in and it initially said that Windows was installing the driver and then said it was working properly.
I go to Control Panel then to “Devices and Printers” . There is a game controller there if the Simulator cable is plugged in to the computer. I right click on the game controller and go to properties. Click on tab General and it shows the model as PPM, I go to Hardware and there are two items; HID – compliant game controller, and the other is USB Input device. Device status for both of these items says “This device is working properly”. Yet if I right click on the PPM game controller in Devices and Printers and go to Game Controller Settings, there is only one controller listed, it is PPM. I go to Properties and nothing works under “Test”. I went to Settings and calibrated and still nothing. It shows Z Axis, X Rotation, and Y Rotation. So I don’t think it is recognizing the JR radio which would have at least 4 axis (up/down and left/right on two sticks). The JR radio is 7 channels and the cable is plugged into a port called D.S.C Trainer.
Searching through the forum, I found a couple of references to needing a comm port. I installed VSPE per instructions and left it running minimized. No help. I tried HW Virtual Serial Port and tried to run that to create a comm port 5. It said the virtual port was not created and the ping was not returned. No help.
I don't know what else to try.
Please help.
Kirbaloo

Re: Joystick problem w/Win 7

Postby ggunners » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:45 am

If you cannot calibrate he PPM in windows, FMS is not the problem. Either your transmitter USB cable is the issue. Try powering on the transmitter before plugging in the cable and other combinations. Alsocheck with your cable provider. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 am

In Games Controllers you need the PPM device to be the preferred controller and you need to calibrate it in there AND then in FMS.

But USB sim cables are intended to be used with RC transmitters NOT joysticks. What exactly is it that you have connected to this USB cable ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Kirbaloo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 pm

I have been trying to connect with two transmitters. Both are JR. One is XP783, the other is X-388S. The problem is not with FMS, as it seems to be working but only with the keyboard. Even when I select joystick, the keyboard controls. I have not been able to calibrate the PPM game controller in Windows 7. It must be the primary game controller because there is only one listed. The cable information says it works with JR transmitters. Does anyone have an idea what to do in Windows 7?
Kirbaloo

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Just checking...you do have charged batteries in the TXs and you do know that the TX must NOT be switched on ?

Other than there's nothing special needed so if you can't see anything moving either in Win/Games Controller or FMS then it sounds like you simply have a bad USB cable. It does happen.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby mithanbaba » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi

Setup:
Windows 7 PC
USB --> Audio Jack style connector
Align TREX100S transmitter

Problem: Initially had the ECOM problem but went through the solution as posted on this site and now the software appears to work. However I can't seem to get the transmitter to work at all with the software. The software works in keyboard mode but when I switch it to Serial mode (COM3) - the simulation helicopter is slowly rotating clockwise and the sound of the throttle is quite high - but that's it - I have zero control.

The Interface settings I'm using on the Sim software are:
Serial PIC-interface
Port: COM3
9600 Baud

Last edited by mithanbaba on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mithanbaba

Postby ggunners » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 pm

You note that you have purchased a USB cable for your transmitter that ends in an audio jack connector.

The audio jack connector is plugged into your transmitter. Usually, you're transmitter should be off.

Once the USB is plugged into the PC, you should hear a noise and have the drivers load for a USB Joystick.

Calibrate the joystick in windows before assigning channels in FMS. Once channels are assigned in FMS, go flying.
ggunners

Return to Joystick-Interface