[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - DO 335 model not visible

DO 335 model not visible

Postby FreeFlier » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:35 am

I've downloaded Georg Gerde's DO 335 "Pfeil Ameisenbar" model several times over last year. It downloads and installs without a problem, but when it opens in FMS, it's never been visible. It sounds good, and I'm sure it's flying, but can't see the model. The file is at: http://www.flyingbaer.de, and it's page 3 of 12

I left a message for Georg, but received no answer, perhaps because it's in English. In any case, this is the only FMS (or any other sim) model of this unusual "push-pull" German WWII big warbird that I've seen.

This FMS file does not have an .x file, but does have an .mqo. I believe the .x file makes the item visible, but maybe there's more to this. In any case, I have no idea what is missing.

Any one want to take a stab at what might be wrong - maybe in Metasequoia? Sure would be nice to be able to see this one "fly". If anyone can solve this puzzle, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thermals,

Stew
FreeFlier

Postby mikethewanderer » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:16 pm

Sounds interesting!

Will have a look now and let you know.

PM
???
mikethewanderer

Postby mikethewanderer » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:44 pm

Sorted!

Click below for the new file...

Hope it works okay for you!

PM
:D
mikethewanderer

Postby FreeFlier » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:43 pm

mikethewanderer,

Did you stop wandering long enough to create the .x file for the DO 335? Whatever you did, you made my day. It's nice to finally "see" that model in FMS; thanks very much.

By the way, I've also downloaded your "Big Zlin" and "flew it" in FMS. The model flys well, and I'll be looking for the final model. One question about it however, is it intended to be an aerobatic model, or scale aerobatic, or something else? I'm going to tinker with the .par file in any case and see what develops.

Thanks again.

Thermals,

Stew
FreeFlier

Postby mikethewanderer » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:40 pm

Not sure yet whether the aerobatics should be scale or just fun yet!

If you have a play with the par file, send me a copy so I can have look!

Cheers
PM

mikethewanderer@hotmail.com
mikethewanderer

Postby FreeFlier » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:01 pm

The model flew well without any alteration to the par file. I tweaked the file simply to change some flight characteristics for my own perverse tastes. The changed lines are:
Increased thrust, elevator, rudder, and aileron authority, and slightly raised CLmin (easier to hold inverted). I will attempt to send the modified file, and though you may find it not to your liking, I feel its flight envelope more closely resembles models I fly in the "real world".

Nice job!

Thermals,

Stew
FreeFlier

Do-335 problems solved only by giving it an X-file

Postby PatrickRomero » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:43 pm

I had a problem with the Do-335 being invisible, but discovered that once I created an X-file for it in GeoEx, it became visible. the X-file makes a big difference.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Return to Models