[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - i can make a plane but can't fly it

i can make a plane but can't fly it

Postby brendan » Tue Oct 02, 2001 1:33 pm

hi can someone help me please??
i can make a plane with MetasequoiaLE but i can't fly it on FMS how do you save it???? what do you save it under??????
hellllllllllllllpppppppppppppp
brendan

Postby Carrnutt » Tue Oct 02, 2001 2:40 pm

Ther way i understand it is to save it as a direct X (planename.X file) Then you need to make or edit a planename.PAR file, i usually copy a par file and edit it or use one with the same basic flight characteristics. Also do the same with a WAV file. Make sure all files have the same name.

Good luck.
Carrnutt[br]Blinded by the light
Carrnutt

Postby brendan » Sun Oct 07, 2001 2:34 pm

how do you make a PAR file?????????????? or edit it????
then does it work???
brendan

Postby Carrnutt » Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:06 am

you can edit it with notepad or word or any text editor, here is a link to a page with english translation of par file

http://home.introweb.nl/~erics/fms/par.htm
Carrnutt

Postby brendan » Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:38 pm

what do you do to it????
do you delete the stuff when you open the file because it isent a par file it is a (name.mqo) then copy the stuff on that web site then what do you save it under????? because there isent a par file to save it under??????
can you tell me how step by step???? please help
i will send you the planes that i make if you wont???
i checked out your web site and sore your ute or truck what ever you call it i like the coloure nice oneeee

help please
brendan

Postby shinichio nishiya » Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:04 pm

There is my advice to understand to fly your planes in FMS.
Let
shinichio nishiya

Postby Carrnutt » Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:32 pm

hi brendan

The easiest way to do it is

1) in metesaqoia select save as and then save file as Plane name.X (direct x format)

2) copy a par file and wav file from a similar type plane rename them the same as your X file

(At this point model should fly in fms)

3) edit the parameters of par file using notepad or word the web link i posted, is for translation and explanation of what each line represents.

http://home.introweb.nl/~erics/fms/par.htm

(only change 1 or 2 PARameters at a time)

4) make sure all files are in the FMS/MODELL folder

here is a great source for models and PAR files

http://www.rc-sim.de/downloads_all.htm

Thanks for the comments on my truck. :-)
Carrnutt

Postby brendan » Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:57 pm

thanks alot i will try it right now and let you know how it gos..........
brendan

Postby brendan » Mon Oct 08, 2001 3:07 pm

i tryed it but the same plane that i copyed the par file form just came up as the same plane i name it a different name????????????
brendan

Postby Carrnutt » Mon Oct 08, 2001 3:45 pm

you named the x file, wav file and par file the same name right?

like this ?

brendansplane.x
brendansplane.par
brendansplane.wav
Carrnutt

Postby brendan » Mon Oct 08, 2001 3:51 pm

yes i did
brendan

Postby Carrnutt » Mon Oct 08, 2001 3:54 pm

wierd
you may have to try another par file. You sure those were only 3 files with that name? may screw up if theres a geo file with same name.
Carrnutt

Postby brendan » Mon Oct 08, 2001 4:00 pm

i have try alot there arnt any more file name like that whats next??????
brendan

Postby Carrnutt » Mon Oct 08, 2001 4:06 pm

email me your files and ill test it.

what version are you using?
Carrnutt

Postby brendan » Mon Oct 08, 2001 4:11 pm

beta 6 the latist what is your e-mail address??
brendan

Next

Return to Models