[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - B-24 Liberator with landing gear

B-24 Liberator with landing gear

Meta LE

Postby Eagle 3 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:40 pm

It was a version issue, not "basic mode".
Per your suggestion in your "LE Q&A" , I found and downloaded Ver 2.1 LE and Meta 2.17.
They both have "select faces" and "realtime checkbox" in mapping dialog box. Also "OK" button.
Later versions do not seem to have this in either regular or basic mode.
A little confusing.

Now if I can only get ucm2 to work on my PC.
The .x file that I am trying to convert to .mqo was created by
Erstellt von Fabian Otto in 2002.
It is a Christen Eagle based on the Pitts. I think it may be the same plane with different markings.
Thanks for your help. I have found your info most helpful and your explanations very clear. Most of the other stuff assumes that you already know what you are doing.
Eagle 3
Eagle 3

Did someone say "Trouble"...?

Postby plastic bonsai » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Hello Eagle 3

I wrote UMC2 for my sins. The usual problem people encounter is that it has problems with deep directories. Do they open and work if they are in a short directory like c:\models\? and no spaces or "." in the directories as well please and write access required.

If this isn't the answer then please e-mail me (address in the program notes) and I'll see if I can help you sort it out.

Regards
P.B.
plastic bonsai

Postby ggunners » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:45 am

That B-36 airplane is Georg's. Dated 2002 in the .zip file.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby PatrickRomero » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:22 am

I decided to modify the B-36 by giving it the B-24's landing gear to make it more realistic for my own use. I also converted an F-86 to closely resemble the convair XF-92; I asked Scarz via a private message, but he never replied; I guess I could have asked him i an email. I only used the fuselage and landing gear from the F-86 to create the XF-92. I made it very sensitive, however, to match Chuck Yeager's comments on how sensitive it was, which as he says "when you hit 180 miles per hour, you only need to blow on the stick a little to get airborne."
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Previous

Return to Models