[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Belt-CP V2 + TW-742 models anyone?

Belt-CP V2 + TW-742 models anyone?

Belt-CP V2 + TW-742 models anyone?

Postby diasje » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 pm

diasje

Re: Belt-CP V2 + TW-742 models anyone?

Postby hillbillyheli » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:03 pm

I to need a belt cp v2 model for the sim. I have got one from another site but it just stays in a looped crash and will not stop. Any info on a cp model would be great.

hillbillyheli

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:20 pm

Not a Belt CP, but several similar (and nice) models can be found here:

Regards
TreeHugger

Postby dmitrynizh » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi diasje,

I built FMS 2.8 model for TW-742. I have the stock variant as well as upgraded/modded variants. The models files need some 'polishing' work before I can upload them, though....

Dmitry
dmitrynizh

Postby aesmith » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:33 am

Hi, I'm learning on a TW-742 as well, so I'd be interested in your FMS model - even in its unpolished state!

Cheers, TonyS
aesmith

Postby dmitrynizh » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi TonyS,

I'll finish the stock version this weekend and post a link.
dmitrynizh

Postby aesmith » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 am

That would be really good, thanks.
aesmith

Postby dmitrynizh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Image Image

Please find two TW-742 FMS models in the links below. The first one is for stock TW742, the second one is my latest mod. Refer to the notes in the zip archives and in the INFO sections of the par files for details.

Stock TW-742:

My brushless RGY mod:

I'll upload these to rc-sim.de soon, but my site will always have the latest versions.

You can also check my TW742 page describing some of my mods:

-Dmitry
dmitrynizh

Postby aesmith » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Wow that's brilliant. It flies like mine, same slight tendency to drop the nose in a banked turn and to pop up when levelling off. Thanks a million.
aesmith

Postby dmitrynizh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:51 am

Hi TonyS,

glad you found that my model matches your real-life plane. I put considerable efforts in the par file.

My TW-742 page, will soon contain a link to a FMS model video next to a link to real TW742 video demonstrating that the model flies pretty close to the real plane.

Of course, a lot depends on CG location, which on the real TW742 can be adjuster with battery. On my FMS model CG is almost 40% of the root chord - more aft than what the stock setup implies, yet I fly my RGY TW742 with even more aft CG.

If/when you decide to upgrade/improve your TW742, consider the aileron linkage and brushless mods I describe on my webpage - the result flies just like my TW742_RGY model. The TW742 thread on rcgroups discusses several similar mods.
dmitrynizh

Postby aesmith » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks again Dmitry, I'm having a lot of fun with the model in FMS while its too windy outside. I'm going to make your aileron modifications soon, I wish I'd read your web page before ordering two SG90 9g servos. How did you fit the servos in the wing? Are they glued in place or just held in with tape? Tony S
aesmith

Postby dmitrynizh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 pm

You can use 9g there just fine, but they are a bit overkill as 5g have proven to be perfectly enough for TW742's ailerons. I glued mine in, and then covered with tape: , but if you cut EPS carefully so that the servos fit snag, then tape is enough, especially if you cover the walls of each servo "bay" with fibertape (let fibers be aligned horizontally, this will reinforce the walls) and then cover each servo with fibertape as well. I use this on all my 10-20oz foam planes including zagi-like delta wings.

To cut clean servo bays, make a template and then cut many, not just two, parallel cuts with a sharp X-acto blade and then again at 90 degrees. Have a mark or a piece of tape on your blade to control the depth of each cut. After that, you will get very clean and snag bay with flat bottom. Another method is to use a hot wire cutter to carve out the bay (more advanced).

You also might consider running a few lines of fibertape alone both sides of the wing and also covering the whole wing with 2mil packing tape as I did. You can skip this, it is not at all required, but if you do, it will be much stronger with a weight increase which is less than what many expect from 2mil tape.
dmitrynizh

Postby aesmith » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Thanks again. When I convert to two aileron servos, I'll go with the 5g servos. Not just to save a couple of grams, but also so the holes in the wing are as small as possible
aesmith

Return to Models