[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Y-wing anywhere?

Y-wing anywhere?

Y-wing anywhere?

Postby PatrickRomero » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:17 pm

I used to have a model of the Y-wing from Star Wars on FMS, but since my old computer crashed in June, I have to download it again. Does anyone know any websites where I could download it from, or will I have to try to make it on my own? If it is on a website, could you include the link? Thanks in advance.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Re: Y-wing anywhere?

Postby lowglow » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Ther are some starwars models on Scarz site
lowglow

Postby ggunners » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:43 pm

FMS page also has an X-wing.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby PatrickRomero » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 am

I was referring to the Y-wing bomber, which has two engines attached at the end of the wings. I guess that I will have to try to make it myself, though it will be very difficult, as I do not have a set of plans for it that include cross-section views. Thanks for looking anyways.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby PatrickRomero » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:41 am

If you could, do you think you would be able to assist me in mapping some textures on the Y-wing if I manage to finish it?
I have been having a lot of trouble trying to put on texture for any of my models. I need to know what I am doing wrong.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby PatrickRomero » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:44 am

If you could, do you think you would be able to assist me in mapping some textures on the Y-wing if I manage to finish it, even if it is only by giving me some advice on how to do it? I have been having a lot of trouble trying to put on texture for any of my models. I need to know what I am doing wrong. I am picking the image, and including it in the material, but the texture never shows up on FMS. Is it because I am not making it in a folder? Just trying to learn what I am doing wrong with mapping textures. I have an image that might work.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:07 pm

TreeHugger

Postby PatrickRomero » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks for the advice, TreeHugger. I forgot to mention that I am using the freeware version of Metasequoia. it exports the material just fine, it is just so complicated trying to make a texture map into FMS.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:57 pm

OK, so technically texturing in meta and exporting to FMS works, you just find the workflow too cumbersome? I have to agree, the texture mapping functions in meta are quite basic and inadequate for many shapes. There's no point upgrading past meta 2.1, the newer versions are even worse. Best advice I can give ist to build and texture map in , then export to meta using .

Or do you need an advice how to do it in meta? In that case, can you explain where exactly you got stuck?

Regards
TreeHugger

Postby PatrickRomero » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:30 am

I think that the main mistake that I was making was that I was not having all of the pictures in a folder for the mqo file that was made beforehand. I will test that theory with one of the models that I have already made. if that fails, I do not know how I am going to get any mapping done, unless anyone wants to make it. I will try first, then we will see......
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm willing to help, but unless you tell me what the problem actually is, there's nothing I can do. The first question is: what exactly goes wrong?

Regards
TreeHugger

Postby PatrickRomero » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:02 pm

In the past, when I made the Short Stirling bomber, I tried to map a camouflage bitmap onto it by putting the camouflage pattern in the "Textures" folder, then choosing it as a pattern for the white material, as it showed up best set against white. the texture showed up just fine in Metasequoia, but failed to be exported into FMS for some reason. I will try again to see if perhaps I need both of the files in a new folder for the mapping to export properly.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm

All you need to do is to make sure the texture path in the exported .x-file points to the correct location of the texture. It doesn't matter whether it's in a subfolder, but the path must be valid relative to the location of the .x-file, not relative to whatever meta uses as its default texture directory.

My initial suggestion still applies: Put the texture into the same directory as the model, delete the path information and it will show up in FMS just fine. Or set your FMS model folder as standard texture folder in meta, that has the same effect (in meta: File > Configuration > System Tab).

In case you intend to publish the model, that procedure is neccessary anyway. No other person has the directories set up exactly like on your machine, so all relative pathes to texture directories will be broken on other computers.

Regards
TreeHugger

Return to Models