[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - New ParkZone Super Decathlon brushless

New ParkZone Super Decathlon brushless

New ParkZone Super Decathlon brushless

Postby ggunners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Hello FMS flyers.

Just completed the final version for
of the flyer.

Notes: The Parkzone Super Decathlon brushless airplane is
a very scale ready-to-fly model. Don't let the 3 channels
fool you into thinking that this model can't do aerobatics.
With the existing rudder set on high throws, the Decathlon
will do just about any aerobatics you want. They might not
be the smoothest tricks, but the model is very capable.

Wing Span: 35.4 in / 900mm
Overall Length: 25.3 in / 640mm
Flying Weight: 16.0 oz / 450g
Motor Size: 370 brushless outrunner
Propeller: 8.25 x 5.5 (210 x 140)
ESC: E-flite 10A Pro Brushless
Radio: ZX10 3-channel required R/E/T
Servos: 3 sub-micro servos
Battery: 2S 7.4V 800mAh LiPo

If there are any ParkZone Super Decathlon brushless owners
out there, please try this FMS model and let me know how
well it flies compared to the real thing.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Re: New ParkZone Super Decathlon brushless

Postby KEW » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

I found that the FMS ParkZone Super Decathelon brushless flies very similar to the real model. I found mine to be a little tame so I moved the C/G back about 1/2 cm of recommended position. The FMS model could probably probably improve its performance by doing the same.

My only complaint with the FMS version is that I had to feed in four clicks of up-elevator trim (in low-rate) to get it to fly level on full throttle.

Thank you, ggunners for another realistic and beautiful addition to my stable!

KEW
KEW

Postby KEW » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:02 pm

I edited the .par file and gave the horizontal stab an extra degree of down (-2 now). This made it fly perfectly without adjusting the trims. What a joy to fly!

KEW
KEW

Postby Niels » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:49 am

Hey ggunners,

I registered to the forum because I saw your creations (love the Parkzone SE5a!) and just needed to say thanks!

I'm tumbling back into RCing and I'm waiting for my simulator cable to arrive. Can't wait to try out some of your models!

I've a Graupner Elektro Rookie (with ailerons) waiting to be flown (waiting for my order of servo extension leads) and I've ordered this Parkzone Super Decathlon BL because it was on sale on an UK website. It seems like a nice trainer (besides the Elektro Rookie). Before I get the real one out on the flying field I'll be flying her virtually in my living room thanks to your creation.

Keep up the very nice work! I love WWI/WWII planes and I'm glad discovered the Parkzone models.

Regards,
Niels
Niels

Postby ggunners » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Welcome Niels, I'm glad you found some models you like.

That Decathlon flies awesome for a 3-channel when on high rates.

Happy Flying! -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Models