[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - New Dynam Hawk Sky Brushless

New Dynam Hawk Sky Brushless

New Dynam Hawk Sky Brushless

Postby ggunners » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Hello sim flyers.

Just created the Dynam Brushless Hawk Sky per the request of several others.
This airplane is a great and inexpensive 4 channel RETA brushless trainer.
It has enough power for basic loops and rolls, is easily repaired and comes
with everything you need to get started.

Here's the

Model: Hawk Sky Brushless
My HomePage:
Created: July 2010

WingSpan: 54 in. (1.370 m)
Length: 36 in. (0.917 m)
Weight: 21.2oz.(0.600 kg)
Battery: LiPoly 11.1V 3S1P 1800mAh 20C
Charger: 3-cell LiPoly charger
Power System: brushless 400 Motor & ESC
Flight Time: ~20 Minutes
Radio System Included: 4-Channel 72Mhz FM Radio & Receiver
Servos: 8.4g micro servos (4)

If anyone is flying this model, please give it a try
and let me know of any changes that are needed.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Re: New Dynam Hawk Sky Brushless

Postby ee511 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi. I downloaded the model, as I am receiving my dynam hawk sky in two days, and it won't move... :?: HELP!!!
ee511

Postby ggunners » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:31 am

Sounds like you're using FMS 2.7 to fly the FMS 2.8 model. Please uninstall the current version. Perhaps save your models off to a directory first. Then install FMS 2 alpha 8.5. It will fly both type models. If you have WinXP, Vista or 7, you may have some issues. All need a real COM port defined in the registry. Vista and Win7 need a d3drm.dll and may also have issues with some newer Nvidia drivers.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby KEW » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi ggunners,

I downloaded the Dynam Hawk Sky Brushless and gave it a try. It flys very well and has good ground handling (with one strange exception - later). It takes off with far more authority than I expected. This was a nice surprise because most "trainers" are under-powered and have to be coaxed into the air very gently. I found at full throttle, the roll rate was a little fast, but was very tame when I throttled back a little.

You have done an outstanding job, once again! Thank you for another great addition to my stable.

The exception I mentioned above is in slightly unusual circumstances. One of my favourite flying sites is a lakeshore beach. The beach slopes gently to the South, into the water. When the Skyhawk is at rest, facing West (with no wind), the plane gradually turns to face South-West and crashes. It does the same thing if I land on the beach, when it rolls to a stop. On level ground, there is no problem.

I have noticed that several other planes are unstable when on the sloping beach. Some of them crash as soon as I load them. I suspect that it is something to do with the friction setting on the wheels.

I thought I should mention this minor problem to see if you can offer any general solution (other than using a flat flying field).

Thanks again,

KEW
KEW

Postby ggunners » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:35 pm

KEW, Thanks for the feedback on the model. I test all my models using the world.scn file, so I have not encountered a downward sloping crash before. ;) I will check this out and see if I can come up with a fix. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby KEW » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi ggunners,

If you would like a copy of the lakeshore landscape to try it on, I can e-mail you a copy if you contact me via a pm.

Regards,

KEW
KEW

Postby KEW » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:21 pm

I have found the cause of the strange problem with the brushless Skyhawk. in the .par file, if the value of the Yaw inertia moment is less than 0.019, the plane will slowly yaw and crash when at rest on a sloping surface.

I have changed this value in my copy. This does not appear to effect the flight or ground handling characteristics in any way.
KEW

Postby ggunners » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Wow, that is a good catch. Glad you found a fix. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Dunkelmann » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Is the roll rate a bit quick?

I have to say I don't have one of these - I'm comparing it to the very popular Clouds Fly. I was looking to use this or the HawkSky or EasyStar with ailerons as a substitute model for the Clouds Fly.
Dunkelmann

Postby KEW » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:38 pm

The roll rate is a bit fast. It is better if you reduce throttle to about 2/3.
If you want to modify it to be more like the Cloudsfly, you can edit the roll rate in the .par file by reducing the throw of the ailerons:

Open the hawksky-bl.par file in notepad.
Scroll down until you see the heading "WING"
Below this is the heading "//wing1 <LWING>"
Below that is "AUTOELEMENT"
The second to last entry in this section is "-34 //Maximum Angle [deg]"
That is the left aileron deflection. Change it from -34 to -20.
Scroll down further under "Wing3 <RWING> and "AUTOELEMENT" and change the right aileron deflection from 34 to 20.
Resave the file in the original directory and you will have a brushless Skyhawk that has been tamed.

Good luck,

KEW
KEW

Return to Models