EasyGLider or similar

EasyGLider or similar

Postby dm82m » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Hello together,

I am new to this area.
Two months ago I ordered the Multiplex EasyGlider Pro and all other components. Including a Turnigy 9X Receiver.
Now I downloaded and installed FMS and it is running with my 9X remote.

I also found the EasyGlider model from the Multiplex website. But the problem is that if I use this plane in FMS I have only 10 FPS (frames per second).
If I use the built-in planes or other planes (found in the web) the FPS are much better. Approx 30 FPS.

The problem is: with 10 FPS the simulation is very bad.

Any hints?

Regards,
Dirk
dm82m

Re: EasyGLider or similar

Postby ggunners » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:44 pm

The EasyGlider from the Multiplex site uses some very hi-res .bmp files for image mapping the airplane. I would suggest opening each one with image editing software and reducing the size to 512x512 or 256x256. It should increase your frame rates a bit. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby dm82m » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:59 am

hi ggunners and thanks for your help.

The problem is also the same. I reduced the size of the 4 bmp files from 512x512 to 128x128 and reduced the size of each file from ~250kb to ~17kb but the result is the same. Only 10FPS...

I would have no problem with the plane if it is only white. I removed all four bmp files, the plane is white but also only 10FPS. Maybe this comes due to some rendering problems because the
FMS must render those four images into the plane.
Do you have a solution to remove the bmp's and paint the complete plane only black?

I need the EasyGlider model because this is my real plane and so I should learn flying with this in the FMS.

Regards,
Dirk
dm82m

Postby ggunners » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:22 pm

You can directly edit the Direct X file and change the colors of each object within the file.

Make a copy before you start. Colors are R G B and something else. It's been awhile since I've done this but there is more info online use Google to search for directx color codes.

This may be an issue with an overly complex 3D model too. Since FMS does not care about the 3D model for flight physics. Pick any other FMS airplane's directx and rename it to the easyglider.x file and see what happens. Pick another airplane that is close. If the other FMS airplane has a .bmp file, copy it too, rename it and directly edit the .bmp filenames in the directx file.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Models