[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Parkzone Messerschmitt Bf-109G

Parkzone Messerschmitt Bf-109G

Re: Parkzone Messerschmitt Bf-109G

Postby ggunners » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Patrick, It would be great if you shared your models. Point us to where you have them even if it is on rc-sim.de.

I would be happy to help with putting an image map on your model. Please see my other image maps for a sample of how I usually do this.

To merge a wing with the body requires aligning the parts or just moving the wing where you want it.

In my early models, I did not know how to align points and it really makes things look a whole lot better.

1) Unlock the two or more parts whose points you want to align.
2) Select the points you want to align.
3) In MetaLE, click on the <Selected> menu and then the <Align vertices> menu.
4) MetaLE will open a dialog box with X, Y, Z rows and will guess which axis you want by checking the Apply column
5) If that is what you want, click OK.
6) If not, you may want to click all 3 axis, just 2 axis or re-choose a single axis.

If it messes something up, used Ctrl-Z to undo the alignment.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby PatrickRomero » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:48 am

The Short Stirling can be downloaded at: https://sites.google.com/site/patricksf ... ects=0&d=1
The website that I have the Stirling on is: https://sites.google.com/site/patricksf ... els-part-5

I took a few Beta models and updated them to Alpha models, then uploaded them on my website to make them available for downloading, but could not remember some of the original makers. At least I will know where they are, even if other people do not. I have a bunch of links at http://patrickromero.webs.com/ that point to all of the places where I have downloaded models from.

I finally added the re-done Spruce Goose, the re-done XF-92, and the modified Star Destroyer. They are rather bland, as I could not add textures due to technical difficulties.
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby ggunners » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:55 am

Smoothly merging the wing and the fuselage is pretty easy if you have enough vertical lines on the fuselage.

I use the knife tool to add extra vertical lines if needed.

Then with the wing viewable but locked, select single pixels at the bottom of the fuselage and bring them upward until they are the same as the wing profile. If you see gaps between the fuse and wing, move the single points back down.

One trick I found was that sometimes alignment of objects is easier with a wireframe only. So click the [Fc] button at the top to turn off faces and turn it back on for final alignment.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Previous

Return to Models