HZ Firebird Stratos

HZ Firebird Stratos

Postby th1bill » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:58 am

I unzipped the file into models but when I load it with the throtal full off the engine noise is screaming and moving the throtal forward does not move the craft down the runway. I am running Windows Xp on my desktop and running XP inside VirtualBox on my Ubuntu driven Lenovo T60 Lap Top.
th1bill

Re: HZ Firebird Stratos

Postby th1bill » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:02 am

I'm sorry, can I change anything in the files to cause it to work? I'm an old
Vietnam vet with MS and I'm 100% disabled and want to fly again but need to train... it's been more than 22 years since I flew anything.
th1bill

Postby ggunners » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 am

You're trying to fly an FMS 2 alpha 8 model with beta 7 software. You'll need to save off your
model directory, uninstall beta 7 and install alpha 8.5. Good flying! -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby th1bill » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:53 am

I tried that and by the way thanks for the reply and help. What I ende up doing was to repartiton a seven gig NTFS Partition and reinstalled the latest version there. For some unknown I can't get Alpha8 to run in the VirtualBox and that might and must be their issue.

Is there any thought to port FMS to Linux? I have the crrcsim installed and it is good for beginners but not adapted to more advance flyers. If there is thought about it, I will do anything I can to assist.

I quit computer programming back in the mid to late seventies, C had just began to replace Hexidecimal, itÅ› been a long time. But, I no longer work because of the MS caused weakness. I have periods of sever relapses but they never last more than three days so I have a lot of time and Ubuntu is now the number two OS, advancing Linux, rather quickly.

And again, thanks.
th1bill

Postby ggunners » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 am

You can substitute a beta 7 .par file from another model and then adjust the flight model.
ggunners

Postby th1bill » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 pm

I am large on promotion right now and I'll see what an ornery old fossil can do.
th1bill

Return to Models