[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Help Flashing screen

Help Flashing screen

Postby smcxx66 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:17 pm

I actaully somewhat sovled the flashing screen on nvida driver, vista,
FMS combo.

What you do is increase the images .bmp files in the scnerise to 2048x2048. Then click the window...big window or little window.
This will increase a photolistic scenery to 80 mb..pretty close to
how the G3 scneries files size are.

My laptop however only has a Ge go 6150 which only have 128 mb gpu
and not really gear up for gaming. The screen rate is slow and the
vedio breaks up. if you have a more powerful driver that might
solve it. maybe something with 256 or greater.

Bascailly this perticular laptop or driver is not gear for gaming and it has
slow frame rate with other graphic intense stuff also. Runing Vista
as an OS dosn't help becuase Vista is a memory hog to begin with
anyway.

I have problems with XP home edition. For some reason I get an
error and it won't let me load the 2.8 version but the 2.7 version
is not a problem.

I also have an older laptop with XP PRO on it. FMS 2.8 runs perfect on that. No clictch of any kind. I'm not sure exactly what graphic cards it
has on it, but i can set the .bmp files at 1024x1024 and it runs
smooth.
smcxx66

Postby The Ben » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Hi Guys

I'm just as new here. Have got the same problems; flickering screen, Vista and a NVIDIA GeForce 7400 number. At least I'm one of many now.
Unfortunately my knowledge of computers is scary at best, so I can't even contribute. Hopefully one of you-guys will be able to save me eventually... :? I'll be in the cheering-section in the mean time!! :lol:
The Ben

Solution FLASHING SCREEN.

Postby zonnewoud » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:49 pm

zonnewoud

Flashing Screen !!!

Postby zonnewoud » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:52 pm

zonnewoud

Postby smcxx66 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:28 pm

smcxx66

Flashing Screen !!!

Postby zonnewoud » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:43 am

Hi SMCXX66,

Map = Folder.

my adjustment for FMS.

Graphics
no-Fog
yes- Smoot Textures
yes- Textures

Options
Color 16 bit

Hardware
yes- Wait for vertical blank
yes- Flip back buffer

Textures
yes- Mipmapping

Shadow
yes- Tru alpha

Resolution
Window 1280 x 1024 Color 32 bit

Zoom
yes- Fixed camera

I used o.a scen: Bad-Oldesloe.scn 54mb. from Frank Tischler (Treehugger)

with no more problems.

Greet zonnewoud :idea:
zonnewoud

Postby smcxx66 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Nope..I think it's my driver.

I have the GO 6150. this drivers has other issues with
playing dvd..not really noticeable at first but you'll see
flicking after a while.
and there's some type of a clitch with the sound card
when playing mp3 or window midia.

nvidia for some stupid reason hasn't up date drivers
for the GO series drivers. it's not just an FMS issue.
other peaple have problems with this perticular PC set up
just like mine with other software.
You have to look closely...the GO is not the same as the regular
6150 for tower/desk top drivers.

bascailly nvidia update drivers for towers PC but not for the laptops.
and there's a bunch of GO seriers owners that's not too happy.lol

I got it to stop flashing by forcing updated drivers not for the GO
series. a while back.
i'm not exactly sure what happened in that process. it's either becuase
I uninstall nvida and was just running vista.
i know it's posisble becuase i had it running for a couple if days
without anytype of flashing. i was going to back track myself
to see exactly what I did..and pass it on

but my pc crashed..not sure if the driver i was using fried my
mother board. So I'm not going to install those other drivers again.lol
becase my PC mfg pertty much had to install a new mother board
and my harddrive.lol

Just like someone mentioned about not being able to just
replace Vista with XP..you can't do that with certain motherboards
if it comes with Vista..your stuck with Vista. it's the way certain
microchips has go get formated, once format a certain way..that's it.

I can't even go to Prefight on this PC, no flashing but the frame rates
or it sticks sometimes. i can convert sceneries easiely but lack
of models :(

the lastest Clrearview..i can convert sceneries and models to Clearview,
No flashing..but I get the no skins on the models..lol

it's wicked...i ran FMS in intel III with only a 3dx voodoo
no problems
but it crashed becasue it was just so old (battery)
plus the intel III fried the motherboard designed for intel II.lol
smcxx66

Postby steven s » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:59 pm

steven s

Postby steven s » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:05 am

I just thought of something. If the problem is being caused by Nvidia cards, would using the Virtual PC solve anything? Does anyone here use an Nvidia card with either Win2000 or Win XP? And if so, do you have the flashing problem?

Steve S.
steven s

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:55 pm

smcxx66

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:18 pm

smcxx66

Postby spidi1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:48 am

spidi1

Flashing screen.

Postby LPGHemi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi,

I too have an issue with FMS not displaying graphics correctly.
If I allow textures in the graphics options, all the background flickers white with sometimes horizontal bars flickering, which display detailed views of what the background should really be displayed like.
I'm lucky in having a somewhat state of the art PC, running dual core Pentium e6750 2.66 ghz processors with 3 gb base memory Vista Home Premium 32 bit with the new service pack 1 installed and NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT with 256Mb memory.
I have twin sata 300gb hard disks and I really don't know what else to throw hardware wise at this problem.
The resources I have far outweigh what would be required to run this game correctly from a hardware point of view.
I'm not bragging about my PC here, rather giving as much information as possible to aid debugging etc.
I have downloaded all the latest Vista NVIDIA and directX drivers and tried all combinations of 16 bit and 32 bit, and display resolutions etc.
All to no avail.
It really is a driver problem and needs to be resolved.
Anyone working on this???

HELP ?????
LPGHemi

Postby LPGHemi » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:48 am

Bump ????
LPGHemi

Previous

Return to Windows-Version