[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Tips for running FMS on XP & Vista

Tips for running FMS on XP & Vista

Tips for running FMS on XP & Vista

Postby John Galt » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:13 pm

After much frustration and searching for answers, I put together the following tips for FMS under both XP & Vista.

FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 requires that d3drm.dll be loaded in the FMS directory to run on Vista.

FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 also requires that some sort of serial port be defined if is to run on either XP or Vista. This can be a ‘real’ physical serial port, or a ‘virtual’ serial port. For example, I have an LG phone, and when LG phone software is loaded on my XP computer with no ‘real’ serial ports, it creates an ‘LG CDMA USB SERIAL PORT’. Look in Device Manager, under ‘Ports (COM & LPT)’ to see if any COM ports are defined. If none are found, you MUST define some sort of serial port for FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 to run on either XP or Vista.

FMS 2.0 Beta 7 on XP does not require that some sort of serial port be defined, nor does it require that d3drm.dll be loaded in the FMS directory.

FMS 2.0 Beta 7 on Vista does not require that some sort of serial port be defined, but it does require that d3drm.dll be loaded in the FMS directory.

More on where to download d3drm.dll and how to create ‘virtual’ serial ports can be found by searching this forum.

John Galt
John Galt

Postby Gariaan » Fri May 22, 2009 2:03 am

Gariaan

Postby sarahs bear » Sun May 24, 2009 10:50 am

I too get the same messages on trying to run this under Vista.

However I have no clue as to how to load whatever-it-is in whatever register it is required in, nor any clue as to how to do the rest of the things you advise.

I do know, however, that this product was sold to me commercially, I was not told it was 'freeware' or 'shareware' or a beta version.

I was not told it would not run under Vista, nor that a level of compter knowldge would be required to even make it run.

I also know, that come Tuesday morning I shall be asking for my money back, and if that is not forthcoming be contacting trading standards.

I for one, will not be ripped off.
sarahs bear

Postby TreeHugger » Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm

TreeHugger

Virtual Serial Port

Postby 2Singers » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:11 pm

I don't have any com ports on my computer or laptop. I found a program that creates a virtual port. The program is called HW Virtual Serial Port and can be found here: http://www.roxysoft.com/download-hw_vir ... alPort.zip. Just download the program, install it, and then run it. It will put an icon on your desktop, double-click to start the program. When it opens click 'Create COM'. Several messages will pop up, including Virtual Serial Port COM5 created or some such, and perhaps a Winsock error 10061 or such. Ignore the error, it doesn't matter. Click the Hide button and FMS should now run. If you reboot your computer or stop the HW program, you'll need to run it again before using FMS. I hope this helps....
2Singers

serial port emulator

Postby nmarmolejo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:27 am

nmarmolejo

Re: Tips for running FMS on XP & Vista

Postby Mike Griffiths » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 am

How do I get FMS to run on Vista!!!
Mike Griffiths

Postby Red-Baron » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Red-Baron

Postby renard » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 pm

I am running Windows XP and cannot access FMS.

I have confirmed that I have no serial ports on my PC, so presumably that is the problem.

Following the advice of nmarmolejo earlier in this thread, I have downloaded VSPE (Virtual Serial Port Emulator) from http://www.eterlogic.com.

The VSPE program has loaded onto my PC but I don't know what to do next.

Please does anyone know what I should do next in order to access FMS?

I am not very computer literate, so please could you keep it simple! Thanks. :)
renard

Postby tacanav » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:31 pm

I downloaded the vitual serial port followed the instructions all the way up to where it says "click hide".......I got messages saying it did not install, now I dont get any messages and FMS is still not working on my PC.
tacanav

Postby syndony » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:23 pm

I am using Windows Vista Home Basic version 6
By running FMS, I get the message:
D3DRM.Dll missing.
When I try to fix, the windows the system, informs that that program is not any more available.
I made a copy of D3DRM.Dll to Windows/system/ but windows Vista does not reconize it.

Any help available?
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.
syndony

Postby phildc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Try with the dll in the FMS directory itself.

Phil.
phildc

Postby SHADOW6673 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 am

Hi John:

I too have followed the 15 steps. loaded the d3drm.ll file into Windows/system32 and FMS directory. I get fast fickering on the screen. I'm using Vista Home Premium on a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 5200+ 2.60 Ghz and an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 display adapter. I have calibrated the controller an E SKY 4 channel Tx in both windows control panel and FMS, but does seem to improve. Any other help, would be appreciated. Thanks Douglas.
SHADOW6673

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:59 am

If after those steps it "does seem to improve" where 's the problem ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby phildc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:05 am

What about your 'texture' parameter ?
phildc

Next

Return to Windows-Version