[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Exception EComPort in module FMS.exe

Exception EComPort in module FMS.exe

Exception EComPort in module FMS.exe

Postby sven » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 am

sven

Postby ggunners » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:07 am

If you search the forum you'll find several references to FMS requiring an actual COM port within the Windows registry. If your computer has all COM ports disabled, you'll see a COM port error. There's some registry entries that can be made to fake out Windows programs to see a COM port entry.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby sven » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:39 pm

sounds like a workaround, would be great if this can be fixed in FMS since modern computers often dont have com-ports
sven

Postby ggunners » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:23 am

It's a code module for which the authors do not have access. They'd have to swap out the COM port module and create their own or buy some other code. So, not too big a deal to work around to keep FMS free.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby bunker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:26 am

Last edited by bunker on Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
bunker

Postby Lindsay » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:24 am

Lindsay

Postby sven » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:47 pm

What is the registry key for:
[Software\\Flying-Model-Simulator\\RcPICForm] 1162827736
"PortName"="COM1"
"Protocol"="0"

Is there any chance to disable fms needing a comport by changing something in here?

Since i would like to use fms under linux with wine, i can't use bunkers workaround.
sven

Postby bunker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:54 pm

From what I understood from other threads the ecomm-library or whatever it's name is. Can't really be removed or disabled in FMS feasibly. Nor replaced.

Personally I think as a programmer that it's really bad to make an api dependent on a registry setting for com-ports if it's not going to use that com-port.

About the registry in Wine. I don't know that much about wine but I Googled just now and found a place describing the registry in Wine so it appears that Wine indeed DOES use a registry so you should be able to at least add the registry key.
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wineusr ... ng-regedit
bunker

Postby Rydan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:45 pm

Bunker's fix worked a treat. :D Thanks!

My bios - or rather the sw that comes with the OEM HP motherboard did not let me "add" a COM port and the virtual COM port sw was just too tricky to understand so I'm grateful for that one. I tried several versions of FMS and this fix did them all.

(I run a HP pavillion EX500 + XP + the E-sky EI204C USB from Swedish retailer Hobbex, works great)
Rydan

You the man....Bunker

Postby rocketman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:53 pm

rocketman

try but not working

Postby coupman35 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:13 pm

:( im try but not working, first when i connect my cable to the usb post a red light flash on and off is that ok .Idid all of the step but i dont under sand the code in the notepad nothing happens i must not be doing right.
coupman35

Postby jimbyjoe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:43 am

jimbyjoe

Postby luptegrow » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:56 am

This worked perfectly!

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pak 1, and followed the directions to the letter and it worked perfectly...thanks
luptegrow

Re: Exception EComPort in module FMS.exe

Postby King Of Aviators » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 am

Oh my god this is hurting my head! Can somebody please break this down!? Every time a computer geek tries to help with a situation, they never include complete instructions of HOW TO GET TO THE SETTINGS! :x
King Of Aviators

Re: Exception EComPort in module FMS.exe

Postby King Of Aviators » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:31 am

I mean, I am kinda considered one myself, but I aint that advanced in the geek squad!
King Of Aviators

Next

Return to Windows-Version